Students to hold meeting today to brainstorm 'Tosh' ideas

Comedian Daniel Tosh is hosting a college contest to find the funniest web clips. He will host an episode of his show ‘Tosh.0’ at the winning campus.

A meeting will be held in the Mountainlair today at 7 p.m. to discuss creative ideas to bring comedian Daniel Tosh to West Virginia University.

Tosh, host of Comedy Central's "Tosh.0," is challenging college students across the nation to upload videos to his website as part of a nation-wide college competition.

The comedian will choose the best video and shoot a live episode of his show from the contributor's college campus.

"Maybe you've got the pukiest campus in the country. Maybe your dorm room has a shrine to the Risky Business Girls. Whatever the argument, it better be good," Tosh said on the Tosh.0 blog.

Local musician DJ Yemi and his friend Ric Hogerheide Jr., sophomore music production major, made their own recording at Shooter's Lounge in Morgantown Tuesday with plans to bring the comedian to campus.

Now, the pair is attempting to make their efforts university wide.

"It will be an open forum for ideas," Hogerheide said. "The group is not an official student organization, so no room has been reserved and the meeting will be in the commons area."

Notifications about the meeting have been made via the group's Facebook page, "F--- every other college, bring Tosh.0 to WVU."

"Based on how many people show up, we may have several more meetings until the end of the contest," Hogerheide said.

The contest lasts until the end of April, and Hogerheide hopes students can come together and form the most creative ideas.

"We are trying to get people together and gather ideas of how to get Tosh to WVU," Hogerheide said.

Hogerheide said he is a Tosh fan and originally decided to take part in the contest as a "spur-of-the-moment thing."

"I thought my efforts were going to go nowhere,"Hogerheide said. "But within two hours of creating a Facebook page for the event, the site was liked by more than 3,000 people. My phone nearly exploded with notifications."

Hogerheide is a local DJ and said he is doing everything he can to raise awareness about the event.

"So many events have been generated through social media this year, and hopefully this is something a lot of people can get involved in," he said.

More than 6,600 people have joined the Facebook page, with 467 "Maybe Attending" and 10,283 "Awaiting Reply" as of Sunday afternoon.

Yemi can be reached on Twitter @DJYEMI or comments can be made on the Facebook event page.