Recently, the popularity of vintage and retro technology has skyrocketed. Now, many people are opting for Polaroid cameras, typewriters and, more specifically, vinyls and record players.

On Saturday, Barnes and Noble is celebrating the reemergence of records with Vinyl Day.

"The industry is definitely moving back towards vinyl and the general public is definitely accepting vinyl as the acceptable format," said Andrew Kapaldo, the community business development manager for Barnes and Noble. "Lots of people are moving back to vinyl. I know that I dug out my collection."

Barnes and Noble offers special items and promotions, such as James Day autographed photographs and autographed vinyls for sale. There will also be exclusive records that are not only generally exclusive to the store but also have exclusive colors. The store is offering some special sales and promotions on both record players and certain vinyls. While there may be more items on sale, the only guaranteed promotion so far has been The Beatles vinyl.

"We probably sell more vinyl records than CDs at this point," Kapaldo said.

"It seems like a lot of people are moving away from digital and back to analog. We are selling more vinyl records and less digital copies. People are making that move back to analog. They want to feel, they want to see, they want to hold it in their hands," he said.

When they were first introduced in 1948, LPs or vinyl records quickly became the new standard for music. The change from analog to digital was made in 1983.

Maybe it is the nostalgia or the increased sales of records and record players, but now you can find almost any album on vinyl. From the original records to new artists there is a vinyl for anyone and everyone. From artists like Taylor Swift and One Direction to Sam Hunt or even Nirvana, there is every type of music available.

Even Adele’s new album "25" with her hit song "Hello" is being released as a record on Nov. 20; just in time for Vinyl

Day.

Since 2002, the Vinyl Record Day nonprofit organization has begun raising support and awareness for the preservation of the cultural influences, recordings, and cover art for the records.

There are many vinyl support days throughout the year. The organization has set Aug. 12 as Vinyl Day, and though Record Store Day has changed, it is usually held the third Saturday in April. Record Store Day partners with small businesses to promote and celebrate independently owned record stores. Now even Barnes and Noble periodically has Vinyl Day to help support the sales of records.

"For me, vinyl day takes me back to my father’s collection," Kapaldo said. "I now have my father’s vinyl collection and it takes me back. I get to kind of experience what he got to experience back when vinyl was big and the bands that were big."

For more information on Vinyl Day at Barnes and Noble, visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com.