Pell – "LIMBO"

You can thank Spotify for leading me to this musical gem. I was browsing through the new releases and came across "LIMBO," by musical artist Pell. Pell is an underground version of Vic Mensa, in my opinion—flipping back and forth between lovely R&B singing and in-your-face rap verses.

Hailing from New Orleans, Pell is giving the area a much different sound and legacy than the jazz legends and Lil Wayne. He is a creative artist who adds as many musical elements as he can to his instrumentals and vocals, and this gives his album a free forming structure that can lean towards a Kid Cudi chorus as much as a Meek Mill verse.

On "Vanilla Sky 2.0," he opens with a hard verse that flows into a beautiful chorus including background vocals from a female singer all over a very distorted but elegant instrumental. ing.

Instrumentally and vocally, this album is leagues ahead of what many mainstream artists are selling, and the fact that this guy is virtually unknown to most Morgantown people astounds me. Hopefully other people choose to give "Limbo" a chance when they’re scrolling through the new releases on Spotify.

Mike Stud – "This Isn’t the Album"

I won’t say Mike Stud has found his sound, because the world knows he changes that like he changes his clothes, but I will say he has found his best sound. The former Duke baseball player and current hip-hop frat boy has released an EP he calls "This Isn’t the Album," which contains eight songs he has released in the past few months that stick to his contemporary style.

He channels his inner Drake on songs "Brightside" and "These Days," flowing expertly and melodically on verses before orchestrating catchy hooks over impressive production across the board. A blend of witty punchlines and sex-driven narrative, most of the songs are constructed around Stud’s infamous party lifestyle.

Other artists OCD: Moosh & Twist, G4shi and Tdot Illdude are featured on the album, giving the listener a pallet cleanser from all of Stud’s auto-tuned rap. More R&B than his recent efforts, "This Isn’t the Album" is a step away from his pop-saturated album "Closer."

Many of these songs are perfect for your Serato, and songs like "Bad Decisions" go over very well at parties. Where else would a fratstar rapper want his music played?

Ellie Goulding – "Delirium"

The English pop sensation has been on the radio since her breakout single "Lights" took the world by storm. One of my favorite popstars, Ellie Goulding, released her third studio album "Delirium" on Nov. 6.

The album has a whopping sixteen songs, which is nice for this genre, and contains her hit song from "Fifty Shades of Grey," "Love Me Like You Do" as well as her current radio single "On My Mind." These are just the tip of the iceberg, as Goulding brings many epic instrumentals and memorable choruses to the table from the start of "Delirium" to the finish.

Goulding’s unique vocal dialect makes her singing more recognizable and resonant, and her sound is something I never get annoyed with or tire from hearing.

I think there are a lot of songs that deserve popular radio more than "Love Me Like You Do," and I have a feeling I am not the only one who feels that way. "Aftertaste" has a great chorus that lingers with you long after the last "taaaaaaaste" of the chorus echoes out during the fade, and "Don’t Need Nobody" has an infectious melody and an awesome house beat that sounds like it would be a perfect fit for the radio.

Goulding proves yet again that the British music invasion may never truly end.