MAC Glee

The choral group poses outside of the MAC.

If you have dreams of belting out numbers center stage, the Monongalia Arts Center may help those aspirations come to life with its adult performance group.

MAC Glee is a community choral group based at the MAC in downtown Morgantown. People of all ages who love to sing are encouraged to join.

MAC Glee sings a wide variety of songs, ranging from classic Christmas songs to modern favorites.

"We’re always looking for more singers and people who love music," said director Ken Godwin. "The doors are open for those who like to sing."

The group encourages people from all over Morgantown to join. They also ask students who have the desire to join up and have a chance to socialize with people from across the community. Not only are members of the local community involved with MAC Glee, but also members from Marion and Preston county, as well as a few singers from the Pittsburgh area.

This year, the group will put on a Winter Concert, titled "FA LA LA LA LA" at Avery United Methodist Church at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 6. This is the event that MAC Glee will spend the next several weeks practicing for.

This year, MAC Glee will have a special guest artist. Solo bell ringer, Sue Garten of Grove City, Pennsylvania, will perform with MAC Glee at their Winter Concert.

Some of MAC Glee’s previous events include visiting The Village at Heritage Point, a retirement community close to Mon General Hospital and The Mother’s Day Shrine at Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church in Grafton,West Virginia.

Starting as an interested singer, Michele Vidulich joined MAC Glee after members of a Metropolitan Theater Company production of the musical "Ragtime" decided to join MAC Glee. Vidulich now helps MAC Glee by promoting the group within the community and by creating the learning CDs the group uses to practice their songs.

"It gives an opportunity for adults who love to sing to be involved with a group who shares their interests," Vidulich said.

MAC Glee often has around 30 singers participating. They will practice for their winter concert every week at the MAC from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The MAC can be found at 107 High St.

The cost of membership is free. Participants will be given sheet music and a CD of the songs that will be performed at their Winter Concert in December. To join MAC Glee please visit, http://monartscenter.com