It’s finally February, and that means it’s FeBREWary. Almost every day, there will be a feature on a different local brewery, starting today with Chestnut Brew Works.

Chestnut Brew Works opened its new brewery just over a year ago. Its new taproom was opened in April 2015.

The brewery advertises five different drinks, the Halleck Pale Ale, Class II Wheatwater, Nate’s Nut Brown Ale, South Park Porter and Your Best Hoption.

The Halleck Pale Ale is described as “a delectably hoppy beer without the harsh bitterness” on the brewery’s website.

The Class II Wheatwater is “a light-colored and refreshing wheat beer brewed with coriander and orange peel.”

The Nate’s Nut Brown Ale has a hint of chocolate and nuts, but is an English-style brown ale with dark-roasted malted barley.

The South Park Porter is “a black colored robust porter boasting nutty and malty flavors/aromas, finishing with a slightly sweet, slightly piney character from late addition Chinook hops.”

Your Best Hoption is an Imperial India Pale Ale with “hops in the mash, hops in the boil, hops in the fermenter.” The variety of hops has been chosen precisely to emphasize the citrus, pine and fruit flavors.

In April 2013, the brewery started as a small business in the woods just 10 miles south of Morgantown. It became so popular that the brewery added a taproom.

Bill Rittenour is the manager and head brewer for Chestnut Brew Works. He is also a West Virginia University alum. He earned his Master’s degree at WVU while studying his favorite tree, the American chestnut.

Due to the hard work of many scientists, the american Chestnut is making a comeback after a fungal disease dented the population.

Rittenour moved to Nebraska with his wife after graduating from WVU. While earning his Ph.D. in fungal biology, he put his knowledge toward brewing.

He now believes he has found the perfect equation to the “Theory of Beertivity” and has awarded himself a drink known as “The Mo-Bel Prize.” This dark ale is being offered as part of the Chestnut Brew Works Steinhoist series.

Chestnut Brew Works distributes beer all across Morgantown and can be found on tap at the Apothecary Ale House, Black Bear, Boston Beanery, Pies and Pints, Gibbie’s Pub and Eatery, Table 9, Iron Horse Tavern, Atomic Grill, Atria’s, Barside Grill, JW Thirsty’s, Gene’s Place, Jameson’s, Octane Coffee Bistro, Varsity Club, Mario’s Fishbowl, Martin’s Barbecue, Wit’s End, 123 Pleasant St., McClafferty’s Irish Pub, Mountain State Brewing Company, Mundy’s, Garfield’s Pub, Terra Cafe, Tin 202, Coach’s Crab Shack, Whippoorwill, Whitetail Crossing, Yesterday’s, Crockett’s Lodge and 4th and Goal.

It has even made its way around the state, reaching Hellbender Burritos in Davis, Summit Bear Station in Huntington, Kelly’s Pub in Clarksburg, The Brewstel in Elkins, Lynn’s Self Serve in Elkins and Joe N’ Throw in Fairmont.

The taproom is open 4-11 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and noon - 11 p.m. on Saturday. It is located at 444 Brockway Ave. in Morgantown.

For more information, visit http://www.chestnutbrewworks.com.