Take a break from the mid-semester slump and relax at this weekend’s WVUp All Night.

At the Mountainlair this weekend, students will have the chance to experience a weekend in paradise as the theme for the University’s signature WVUp All Night program is “Getaway Weekend”. Every weekend is unique with a different theme for students to experience and each theme is provided at least once throughout each semester. The programming board plans every activity provided according to the specific theme including main events, giveaways, movies and food.

The “Getaway Weekend” will kick off 9 p.m. on Thursday evening with the Mountaineer Comedy Club show in the Side Pocket. The show is held every other weekend, featuring nationally touring comedians that have made appearances on HBO and Showtime. Matt Bergman is the featured comedian this weekend.

The film “Creed” will show at 7 and 9:30 p.m. in the Gluck Theatre. Discounted Astro Bowling and Billiards will be provided starting at 9 p.m. in the games area of the ground floor. Free sweet and sour chicken, vegetarian fried rice, tossed salad, popcorn and nachos will be served at 10 p.m.

Friday evening, the film “Creed” will show again at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. in the Gluck Theatre. Students will have the chance to make their own lip balm at 9 p.m. in front of the post office. There are 12 different natural flavors for students to choose from. Indoor ice skating will be set up for students to skate from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. in the food court, and the food from Thursday evening’s menu will be served again at 10 p.m. Discounted Astro Bowling and Billiards will be provided again at 9 p.m. in the games area of the ground floor and free breakfast will begin at midnight.

Saturday evening, the film “Creed” will show once more at 7 and 9:30 p.m. in the Gluck Theatre. The World’s Largest Snowman program presented by the WVU Student Life Programming Unit will begin at 7:00 p.m. at Woodburn Circle, allowing students to step inside the snowman with photographs and hot chocolate. Ice skating and discounted Astro Bowling and Billiards will be provided at the same times as Friday evening. The same food will be served again for free at 10 p.m. and midnight.

WVUp All Night’s Coordinator, Sonja Wilson, is looking forward to the World’s Largest Snowman event, as students will be able to go inside the 30-foot snowman, which serves as a large bounce house. She encourages students to experience what this weekend’s events have to offer.

“We are in the midst of winter, and we wanted to try to plan things that have a winter theme,” Wilson said. “What better way than ice skating, the world’s largest snowman and lip balm.”

The lead intern of WVUp All Night, Paige Klingensmith, is involved with improving the programming every weekend to accommodate students. She believes every weekend is a surprise when speaking of student presence and reactions.

“We had an amazing reaction and attendance for our previous weekend, which was Sweethearts Weekend. I would love to see this trend continue,” Klingensmith said. “We put every ounce of thought and energy into the weekends for the students, and it is the best feeling when the response is positive!”

Up All Night is free for all WVU students, providing a variety of activities for students regardless of their interests. Feb. 25-27, Up All Night presents WVUp All Night LIVE including WELLWVU cooking classes. March 3-5, the program “Dancing with our Mountaineer Stars” will debut.