WVUp All Night

WVUp All Night will feature laser tag, a life-size snowglobe and Chalk Talk with WVU Basketball Coach Bob Huggins.

WVUp All Night hosts ‘Fun Before Finals’ to give West Virginia University students the opportunity to participate in fun and relaxing activities before the start of final exams. 

WVUp All Night is a university program established to provide students with free, entertaining and safe weekend activities, offering an alternative to the party scene.  WVUp All Night has hosted many events during the 2015 school year including Campus Moviefest, WVUp All Night Extended at Towers Residence Halls and the Rec Center and WV Symphony BEO String Quartet. Fun Before Finals is the last series of events hosted by the organization before 2015 closes. 

Fun Before Finals weekend festivities begin at 9 p.m. and last until 2 a.m. on Saturday.  The events and activities will take place at various locations around campus, including the Mountainlair, Woodburn Circle, High Street and the WVU Coliseum.

Activities for Thursday evening include "Got Skates?" in which students have the opportunity to ice skate on the Mountainlair Plaza and TRON Cube: Laser Tag at the Mountainlair Food Court. 

"I think one of the biggest events is going to be ice skating on the Mountainlair Plaza.  We’ve hosted it inside before, but getting together with your friends for an outside event is always fun. We like when we are able to bring something the students have enjoyed in the past but give it a new twist," said Mountainlair Student Union Special Events Coordinator Erin Blake.

Students will also have the opportunity to take a tour inside a life-size snow globe at Woodburn circle.

"Although it’s not winter yet, it will be coming up, so some of our activities are geared to getting students in the mood.  Students can walk inside the snow globe and see images swirl around them.  We’re hoping to see a lot of fun pictures on social media from this," Blake said. 

Friday’s Fun Before Finals activities include a Chalk Talk with Men’s Basketball Coach Bob Huggins at the Mountainlair Food Court, a hot chocolate bar, the Morgantown Holiday Parade on High Street, the Planetarium Season of Light Show at White Hall and at the Mountainlair Food Court, carnival games and a chance to design and personalize a cookie.

"Why not particpate? Everything is free and there are new activities and some old favorites.  We see this as our last chance to bring students some fun programming before they leave for the semester," Blake said. 

The last day of Fun Before Finals activities will take place Saturday and include a WVU Football watch party, an X-Box video game tournament, and an ornament making station.

A food bar filled with free hot dogs, black bean burgers, waffle fries, nachos and popcorn will be available on all event days. 

"This weekend is all about relaxing before final exams begin.  We understand studying for finals can be hard so the committee got together to plan one last fun, stress-free weekend for students that is full of activities for everyone," Blake said.