During Morgantown City Council’s weekly meeting, councilors unanimously voted to repair the damages done to Morgantown Municipal Airport caused by plumbing problems.

An old sewer system ruptured, causing flooding in the bathrooms of the airport. $25,000 will be spent to renovate the damages, with $5,000 specifically for the removal and replacement of the concrete.

However, the council is unsure if the $5,000 will be enough to efficiently remodel.

"Quite honestly, the $5,000 will basically remove all that concrete floor to get to the clay pipes," said Glen Kelly, Morgantown city manager. "I hope they can fix it for $5,000, I hope."

The City of Morgantown owns the airport, and councilors hope the renovations will be on budget.

Also at the week’s meeting, Mayor Marti Shamberger declared the month of February as Combat Hunger Month in Monongalia County. In 2013, 15,380 people in Monongalia County had a scarce amount of food.

Empty Bowls was presented a certificate of their service to the Monongalia community.

"We support all of the food banks in Monongalia county, we support the Backpack program, we collect money and food all year long to provide these services," said Linda Perks, a volunteer at Empty Bowls.

Empty Bowls is holding a Luncheon at the end of February at Mylan Park to raise money for the food banks in Morgantown.

Bill Kawecki, deputy mayor, presented a civil honor to Shamberger for her support against LGBTQ discrimination.

"This certificate acknowledges Marti Shamberger is a recognized member of Mayors against LGBTQ discrimination, who believes that no one should face discrimination for who they are and who they love," Kawecki said.

The next city council will be at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 7 in City Hall Chambers on Spruce Street.