In our first installment of our WVU history series, check out the artifacts of Civil War Brigadier General Joseph A. J. Lightburn, including his battle sword that took a bullet for him.
What does a Civil War sword, an old compass, and Don Knotts' watch have to do with each other? They're all part of a new historical series coming to the pages of The Daily Athenaeum.
- Huggins impressed with effort of Mountaineers in win against Texas
- Huggins on TCU win: 'We’ve only played two games, but it seems like a lot more'
- 2 WVU students infected with UK variant in Morgantown
- Big 12 announces schedule changes for WVU men's basketball
- Mountaineers overcome 19-point second half deficit to defeat Texas
- The Day After | 19-point comeback is nice, but shouldn't be happening
- The Day After | Sherman proven to be critical to WVU success
- WVU rifle looks sharp at NCAA Qualifying
- Carey after TCU win: 'It just seemed like we kept losing a player, and we were able to pull out the win.'
- West Virginia returns home to face Kansas State