In our first installment of our WVU history series, check out the artifacts of Civil War Brigadier General Joseph A. J. Lightburn, including his battle sword that took a bullet for him.
What does a Civil War sword, an old compass, and Don Knotts' watch have to do with each other? They're all part of a new historical series coming to the pages of The Daily Athenaeum.
- Huggins following win over KSU: 'We are not very big, but we are very active'
- The Day After | West Virginia's depth leading march to March Madness
- No. 6 West Virginia awaits No. 3 Baylor on Tuesday night
- WVU Rifle wins GARC Championship
- Late rally by Coastal Carolina gives Mountaineers too much to handle
- McNeil, West Virginia rolls Kansas State, 65-43
- Appalachian filmmaker discusses working in prison, the region's perception
- West Virginia women's soccer returns for spring season
- West Virginia comes back late to defeat Bryant
- Wolf pitches seven shutout innings in 13-3 victory