In our first installment of our WVU history series, check out the artifacts of Civil War Brigadier General Joseph A. J. Lightburn, including his battle sword that took a bullet for him.
What does a Civil War sword, an old compass, and Don Knotts' watch have to do with each other? They're all part of a new historical series coming to the pages of The Daily Athenaeum.
- Stewart gone from WVU football team
- WVU student in critical condition after fall from Sigma Nu house
- The 100-year-old history of the WVU dairy herd
- WVU student charged with wanton endangerment
- Letter to the editor: ‘not all kickoff times are equal’
- Iowa State an important home game for Mountaineer football
- Saturday was a trial by fire for young WVU secondary
- Lost to history: WVU Homecoming traditions
- Cowan hits field for first time at WVU against Texas
- What to do if you’re stuck on campus for fall break