Two sophomores, a junior and a senior are among the 2020-21 Mountaineer finalists.

The list of finalists, all four natives of West Virginia, include Brooke Ashby, Hunter Ayers, Colson Glover and Connor Capron.

Following the announcement of the finalists, the final step in the selection process is a cheer-off at the WVU men’s basketball game against Oklahoma on Saturday.

Finally, the new Mountaineer is officially announced at the WVU men’s basketball game against Baylor on March 7.

Brooke Ashby poses for photographs in the Visitor's Center February 19th, 2020.  (WVU Photo/Brian Persinger)

Brooke Ashby, the 2020-21 alternate Mountaineer.

Brooke Ashby, a junior psychology student, is a native of Mannington, West Virginia. She attended North Marion High School.

Hunter Ayers poses for photographs in the Visitor's Center Feburary 19th, 2020.  (WVU Photo/Brian Persinger)

Hunter Ayers.

Hunter Ayers, a senior communication studies student, is a native of Old Fields, West Virginia. He attended Moorefield High School.

(Colson Glover poses for photographs in the Visitor's Center February 19th, 2020.  (WVU Photo/Brian Persinger) WVU Photo/Brian Persinger)

Colson Glover.

Colson Glover, a sophomore neuroscience student, is a native of Lewisburg, West Virginia. He attended Greenbrier East High School.

Conor Capron poses for photographs in the Visitor's Center February 19th, 2020.  (WVU Photo/Brian Persinger)

Connor Capron.

Connor Capron, a sophomore music therapy student, is a native of Sutton, West Virginia. He attended Braxton County High School.