Revenge of the Sith

‘Revenge of the Sith,’ the final installment in the ‘Star Wars’ prequel trilogy, followed Anakin Skywalker’s fall to the dark side and eventual transformation into Darth Vader.

With the start of 2016, there have already been some new movie releases and expected release dates for others. For two of the new movies being released, their worlds have been in our hearts for 10 years. Just about a month ago, "Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens" has broken box office records. This year, in late November, the world of magic will find another addition with the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

Approximately 10 years ago, "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" made their way to the big screen.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is the first live-action film since "Revenge of the Sith." Luckily, it only took 10 years for the next three movies compared to the almost 17 year difference between Episode VI "Return of the Jedi" and Episode I, "The Phantom Menace."

Rey, a girl left on her own, comes across a Rebel Alliance droid with important information. As the Empire, now known as the First Order, tries to get the information, Fin becomes a defector stormtrooper and joins forces with Rey.

While they try to find the Alliance, they steal the beloved Millennium Falcon and soon find Han Solo and Chewbacca.

They make it around many obstacles, and Solo takes them to Princess Leia. She is still the leader of the Alliance, which is also known as the Resistance, and is now Solo’s wife. They find that Kylo Ren has fallen to the dark side and is following in the steps of Darth Vader and that Luke Skywalker has gone into hiding after a disaster occurred while training new Jedi. The adventure continues as they try to put together information and find Skywalker.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has received five Oscar nominations. Episodes VIII and IX are expected in May of 2017 and 2019, respectively.

While "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" came out almost 10 years ago, it was nowhere near the end of the battle against "He-Who-Must-Not-be-Named." The final movie, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2," was released in 2011. Now that five years have passed, the world of magic has grown with more books based on the students’ textbooks, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios and the launch of the Pottermore website in 2012.

The new movie is based on J.K. Rowling’s book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." The movie is a spin-off and prequel to the Harry Potter series and is expected to have two more additions.

The movie takes place in early 1900s New York City. Newt Scamander arrived at the Magical Congress of the United States of America for an official meeting. He brought along an expanding briefcase filled with magical and dangerous beasts along with their habitats. By mistake, the monsters get out, which sets the wizarding community after Scamander. The movie follows the adventure of Scamander and the mission to capture all of the beasts.

The movie is expected to be released on Nov. 18 of this year.