They make us laugh, cry, smile, cuddle up with a blanket and feel loved - Christmas movies are back. The movies to choose from are more unique than snow flakes. It was tough choosing 10 of the best. Nonetheless, in no particular order, the following are the top 10 Christmas movies, ranging from rom-coms to cartoons, comedies, classics and heartwarming films.

1. "A Year Without A Santa Claus" -

Heat Miser and Snow Miser are Mother Nature’s favorite twins. Although they constantly fight, they can carry a tune and help viewers reminisce about sibling fights and forced make-ups in a Christmas-like way. It even restores hope in the resilience of a weary yet jolly Santa Claus. Plus, its stop-motion animation exudes the Christmas spirit of the previous generation.

2. "Jingle All the Way" -

Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a dad who just wants to make his kid happy with the coolest toy on Christmas. His facial expressions and mannerisms give the movie character, and there’s plenty of silliness along the way; even a black-market Santa scheme. Plus, there aren’t any cell phones and the movie is less than 20 years old, so it’s a reminder of the changing times, too.

3. "It’s a Wonderful Life" -

Simply a tear-jerker that reminds us of the importance of every human life, especially in these colder months.

4. "White Christmas" -

Bing Crosby’s smooth vocals are above anything, and these stellar vocals paired with a heart-warming story sets a perfect Christmas atmosphere.

5. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" -

No offense to Jim Carrey, but the cartoon version of this classic trail trumps the live-action remake. There’s no imitating the Grinch’s evil, snide grin that only Dr. Seuss could draw, and a heart growing three sizes is best represented in an animated form. It’s cute seeing how the town of Whoville learned to love and accept the Grinch when he renounced his evil ways, too.

6. "National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation" -

Family vacations typically go haywire, but they’re nothing compared to the Christmas vacation adventure of the Griswolds. Good luck avoiding your own Cousin Eddie this year.

7. "Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer" -

This movie is more than a reindeer saving Christmas. Rudolf goes to show that having something different that sets one apart from all others can be a useful, life- (or Christmas-) saving asset.

8. "Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town" -

Another stop-motion animation made the list because of its timelessness. The songs are classic, just like those from "A Year Without A Santa Claus."

9. "A Christmas Story"

- As an owner of a Red Rider BB gun, I know they’re a hoot and a half to shoot. It’s no surprise Ralphie wanted one and dedicated a silly movie to it. This film is very representative of a kid like Ralphie in that time, from having to stand up to the neighbor bully to dreaming about a favorite Christmas present to getting bad gifts and learning to swear from his dad. TBS plays it for 24 hours from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day, and watching it that long won’t make you want to shoot your eye out. This is easily the most quotable Christmas movie. Well, one of the most.

10. "Elf"- 

No description needed. Go ahead and watch it with a buddy for the 11th time this week.

Readers, what do you think should have made the list? Tweet us @DailyAthenaeum.