All-male a cappella group Straight No Chaser is taking the stage in the Creative Arts Center tomorrow.

Straight No Chaser originally formed as a college singing group at Indiana University in 1996. It chose members carefully to craft an all-male a cappella group with a repertoire of contemporary music. When the founding members began graduating from IU, they chose new members to establish the group on campus and continue the legacy of Straight No Chaser.

Now the group has a record deal with Atlantic Records and tours around the country, singing at all kinds of venues. Kristie Stewart-Gale, marketing and advertising manager for WVU Arts and Entertainment, said that Straight No Chaser is a highly requested act for WVU’s Creative Arts Center and that tomorrow’s show is sold out.

The show is part of Straight No Chaser’s ongoing The New Old Fashioned tour, named for its newest album. According to the group’s Twitter, its shows in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and Frederick, Maryland have also sold out.

Straight No Chaser includes 10 men, all of whom were part of the IU group at some point before joining the professional squad. For a while, both the professional and the collegiate group bore the same name. With the professional group’s success, the campus group renamed itself Another Round.

In 2008, Straight No Chaser signed with Atlantic Records and released Holiday Spirits, a Christmas album. The album saw success, as Holiday Spirits was No. 4 on Billboard’s Top Holiday Albums chart, according to Straight No Chaser’s website.

Sticking with the Christmas theme, the group released another Christmas album in 2009 called Christmas Cheers. It also released a short EP entitled Six Pack (EP). The group dropped its first non-Christmas album in 2010. What a Twist debuted at No. 29 on the Billboard 200 after its release, the highest ever for Straight No Chaser.

The group’s newest release, The New Old Fashioned, dropped in Oct. 2015. It features a cappella covers of many popular songs, including “Shut Up and Dance,” “Happy” and “Can’t Feel My Face.”

Straight No Chaser is one of many acts performing in the Creative Arts Center for the University Arts Series, a series for nationally-touring professionals. It brings in all genres of performers, artists and acts to perform in the Creative Arts Center. Other acts that have performed for the series this year include Cirque Dream Holidaze, Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker and Mountain Stage with Larry Groce. The University Arts Series productions are Boradway-quality, and some acts even use sets and costumes from Broadway performances.

Straight No Chaser performs at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow in the Creative Arts Center. Check out Straight No Chaser at its website http://www.sncmusic.com/, or on Twitter, https://twitter.com/SNCmusic. The show is sold out, but if tickets become available, they can be purchased at the box office in the Mountainlair or in the Creative Arts Center, both of which are open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Students get a discount.