Drake dropped an announcement in the form of a tweet early Monday morning: He and Future are going on tour.

At 4:02 a.m., the Summer Sixteen tour was announced in somewhat of a surprising fashion. The exciting news was delivered less than 24 hours after Drizzy dropped the artwork for his forthcoming and highly anticipated album titled "Views from the 6," which is set to drop Friday.

We all are well aware of the Drake and Future collaboration, "What a Time to be Alive," that released last fall, so the tour announcement isn’t completely out of left field. The mixtape, which is more of an album, received high praise and great reviews. It includes 11 tracks, seven of which are produced by Metro Boomin. The remaining four are produced by the mixture of Neenyo, Southside, Frank Dukes, Noel, Allen Ritter, Boi-1da and Noah "40" Shebib. 40 is responsible for most of the beats Drake rhymes over.

Accompanying Drake and Future are fellow OVO members Roy Woods and dvsn. Special guests will make appearances throughout the 27-city tour. Woods and dvsn hail from Canada as well as Drake. Dvsn is made up of two members, and both the duo and Woods create R&B sound.

The 20-year-old Woods is known for his single "Drama," which features Drake. "Drama" is one of the six tracks on his EP, "Exis," which dropped in July of 2015.

Dvsn signed with OVO last year as it appears that Drake is still in search of the next Weeknd from Canada. They dropped an album a month ago titled "Sept. 5th."

Both of Drake’s hopefuls are trying to follow in the footsteps of the extremely successful R&B musician, the Weeknd. Dvsn and Majid Jordan both released albums in the first quarter of 2016, but neither made much of a splash with popularity or success.

The Summer Sixteen tour will mostly be throughout the United States, with some stops scheduled north of the border. Austin is the first stop on the tour, which kicks off on July 20. From there, Drake, Future and the OVO crew will hit Dallas, Kansas City, St. Paul, Chicago, Toronto, New York, Boston, Buffalo, Columbus, Nashville, Detroit, Pittsburgh, D.C., Philadelphia, Greensboro, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oakland, Seattle and Vancouver.

Some cities will feature two shows back-to-back nights. In late July, the Summer Sixteen tour will visit the homeland of Toronto where the OVO Music Festival is held. Drake and Future will perform two shows during the four-day event. This year marks its seventh annual fest, which is being held at the Air Canada Centre.

Expect "What a Time to be Alive" to serve as the tracklist with some other collaborative songs in the mix as well. The stop in Pittsburgh is Aug. 17, making it a perfect date to close out summer before students are consumed with school. Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, so act fast it’s going to sell out within minutes.