Tomorrow night, RiFF RaFF will shake up Morgantown right before finals week. Joining him at Mainstage Morgantown is DJ Afterthought.

Horst Simco, otherwise known as RiFF RaFF, goes by various names including Jody HiGHROLLER, the Freestyle Scientist and Jody 3 Moons. In 2005 he began making homemade CDs of his rapping and passing them out.

He now has the album “Purple Icon” out and has been touring this album since March. Some of his songs have more than one million listens.

During an interview with VLAD TV, Diplo talked about the “no-brainer” decision of signing RiFF RaFF.

“RiFF RaFF is like Apple computers in 1971, a little wooden box with an apple on top of it,” said Diplo. “When I saw him I was like, ‘This is gonna be something different,’ and his stock just kept rising. Like, ‘Let me get in early, I’ll buy all that stock.’”

RiFF RaFF traveled from his hometown of Houston to Atlanta, GA, to audition for MTV’s reality show “From G’s to Gents.” After finding out he was casted for the second season of the show, he got the MTV logo tattooed on his neck. He was eliminated from the show by the second episode, but made a lasting impression through his crazy style and attitude.

In 2009, his rap career changed. Simon Rex, a comedian and rapper, contacted RiFF RaFF after watching one of his freestyle videos. The two soon became friends and partners. This was the start of RiFF RaFF and Dirt Nasty. They then joined forces with Andy Milonakis and became “Three Loco.”

In 2013, he released singles such as “Dolce & Gabbana,” “Mr. Popular,” and was featured on Far East Movement’s single “The Illest.” Finally he released the first official single for his much-anticipated album “Neon Icon.” The song was “How to Be the Man.” Before announcing the album, he dropped extra songs that weren’t on the album including “Real Boyz,” “Suckas Askin’ Questions” and “Shoulda Won a Grammy.”

Rolling Stone recognized “Neon Icon” on its list of “27 Must-Hear Albums of 2014” before the album’s release.

RiFF RaFF was featured on previous Mainstage Morgantown performer’s songs such as “Doctor Pepper” with Diplo and “Who Wants to Rock” with Flux Pavilion.

Many students are excited about the upcoming concert. Freshmen, Kenneth Miller, an industrial engineering student, and James Spencer, an exercise physiology student, expressed how excited they are for the show.

“I think it is pretty cool he is coming. He seems like a wild guy who would have a good concert people would have fun at,” said Spencer.

“I can’t wait for RiFF RaFF this Friday. It will give me one final chance to de-stress before the horrors of finals week hit me,” said Miller.

RiFF RaFF is performing at 9 p.m. tomorrow at Mainstage Morgantown. General admission tickets are $20 and are almost sold out.

For more information on the show or to buy tickets, visit http://mainstagewv.tunestub.com