When friends formed a band in ‘80s Los Angeles, they never expected to become American rock legends.

The rebellious and iconic headbangers are taking the stage once more in a much anticipated reunion of Guns N’ Roses.

After years of baseless speculation, the latest round of rumors was initially easy to dismiss. When details continued to leak, with even the New York Times jumping on the Guns N’ Roses reunion bandwagon, it became clear to the world that something big was about to happen.

For the first time in 23 years, the band played together just like old times last Friday night in L.A. Fans discovered that Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, joined by keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and new keyboardist Melissa Reese are scheduled to perform in Las Vegas, Mexico City and a pair of Coachella headlining shows. The Troubadour gig marks the first time Rose and Slash have shared the stage since their infamous July 17, 1993 gig in Buenos Aires.

Not one member of the band has said a word to the press about the upcoming performances, and fans have mixed feelings about the mystery behind the reunion.

Although Guns N’ Roses is secretive about their setlist, the public knows at least two Chinese Democracy tracks will be featured in the tour, as well as the Use Your Illusion super rarity "Double Talkin’ Jive."

Before the creation of Guns N’ Roses, high school dropout Axl Rose collected quite the police record. A fan of ELO and Queen, Rose became friends with guitarist Izzy Stradlin, and the two joined forces in L.A.

Eventually forming Guns N’ Roses with English-born biracial guitarist Slash, bassist McKagan and drummer Steve Adler.

Quickly conjuring enough controversy to grab the attention of America, the referencing of the band’s drug and alcohol abuse was not at all subtle.

Guns N’ Roses released their debut album "Appetite for Destruction" in 1987. Opening for Aerosmith, the band built a live following. In Sept. 1988, with wide MTV exposure given to "Sweet Child o’ Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle," the album reached No. 1, staying there for five weeks and on the charts for nearly three years.

"Sweet Child o’ Mine" was an instant hit and still remains one of the most popular rock songs ever made. The song was created when Slash was screwing around on the guitar. With a little bit of tweaking, that well-known electric guitar riff became the intro. Stradlin liked the riff and began playing along on his guitar, prompting Rose to immediately begin writing lyrics inspired by his girlfriend at the time after overhearing the spontaneous jam sesh. History was made.

"It was an interesting sort of pattern," Slash said in an interview with Rolling Stone in the "Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time" issue. "I never thought it was going to become a song. I hated playing that song for years; it’s easy now, but it was very daunting in the early days. Especially because I drank exorbitant amounts of alcohol and had other chemical things going

on."

Over the years, it was a rare sight to see the original members standing in the same room, let alone playing one of their songs.

The "Not In This Lifetime" tour will run through major cities like Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle.

Tickets are currently on sale for nostalgic fans.