Sometimes the anticipation for Drake’s “Views From the 6” and new music from J. Cole and Frank Ocean (if ever) leave us incessantly listening to the same old stuff. And though mixtapes seem non existent from great artists, they’re still being pumped out from a few popular rappers. Mixtapes have almost become a lost art to artists who have already made it, especially ones that are downloadable for free.

Curren$y is the one certainty in rap who will always deliver dope instrumentals, mostly coming from one producer for an entire tape. Young Roddy gifted us his third mixtape from the Good Sense project after a two year absence, and B.o.B has been very active in the first quarter of 2016 with multiple mixtapes dropping. Give these a listen to switch it up as we await some of our favorite artists’ studio albums.

“Bourbon Street Secrets” – Curren$y & Purps

This six-track mixtape dropped on April 20 for the enthusiasts of the unofficial holiday. The New Orleans-based rapper never disappoints with his mixtapes. Curren$y is steady with his music, as he’s released over 35 mixtapes during his time spent in the studio. “Bourbon Street Secrets” is the sixth tape he’s dropped in 2016, under his self-started label Jet Life. This comes on the heels of an April 1 six-track project he dropped in collaboration with Sledgren called “Revolver.” Curren$y teamed up with Purps from 808 Mafia for the beats. Rick Ross makes the mixtape’s sole appearance with his feature on track four: “Dope Boys.”

“Good Sense 3” – Young Roddy

Young Roddy is a part of Curren$y’s Jet Life label, so it’s only right that “Good Sense 3” was released on 4/20, too. Young Roddy is a bit more low-key than his Jet Life brother, Curren$y. He has only one studio album but has appeared on many of Curren$y’s mixtapes in addition to dropping a handful of his own. Before “Good Sense 3,” there was a “Good Sense 1” and “Good Sense 2,” which dropped in 2012 and 2013, respectively. The project is full of features from various artists, most notably coming from Domo Genesis on “Real Talk” and Smoke DZA on “Bonnie Parker.” Young Roddy incorporates some nice samples with smooth beats to make for a relaxing 16-track mixtape.

“E.A.R.T.H” – B.o.B

Ever since his odd Twitter engagement with astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, when he argued that the world is flat and not round, B.o.B has been known as quite the outspoken conspiracy theorist. That was back in January, and he even dropped a diss track for Tyson about his scientific theories titled “Flatline.” Months after the embarrassing encounter, B.o.B is continuing his theme with “E.A.R.T.H,” an acronym for Educational Avatar Reality Training Habitat. Since late 2015, B.o.B has absorbed himself in science. He’s had mixtapes titled “NASA,” “W.A.T.E.R,” “F.I.R.E” and “Live and Direct” since Nov. 2015. It’s pretty clear what he’s passionate about. The tape includes nine songs with no features.