Drake’s songs

Drake’s songs are featured multiple times on our playlist.

Laying by the beach and falling asleep to music is just around the corner. With less than two weeks to go, Mountaineers are counting down the days until summer. Here’s a Summer 2016 playlist for your warm days of doing not much of anything.

Drake is often king of the rap world (sorry, Kanye), and has not one, but two songs that made this summer’s list. "One Dance," a track featuring Wizkid and Kyla, is currently No. 1 on the charts. The new hit single has taken over parties around the nation due to its popular club-beat style. The Canadian rapper’s "Pop Style" is also climbing to the top and made the playlist. "Pop Style" features The Throne and has the slow, chill-type Drake instrumentals that everybody knows and loves. Both singles were released on April 5 and are predicted to be staples for this summer’s music.

Colorado indie folk-rock band The Lumineers released its first new song in four years, "Ophelia," as a preview for the release of their second studio album, "Cleopatra," on April 8. The song is currently climbing the alternative charts, as music appreciators are going wild for the beautiful piano riff throughout the track. On "Ophelia," the darker tone of The Lumineers’ new music can be heard within the familiar stomps, claps and harmonies that made their more whimsical "Ho Hey" a hit. The band has just begun a world tour in celebration of "Cleopatra."

Keith Urban’s "Wasted Time" was just released on April 4 and makes a perfect addition to the playlist. The song is the Australian country singer’s third single for his forthcoming ninth studio album, "Ripcord." The fast-paced, pop-laced tune waxes nostalgic on the magical younger years when "wasted time" - swinging on ropes, listening to Guns N’ Roses and dashboard drumming - were some of the best times of his life. Reminiscing on his summer memories, Urban’s single is a good song to blast on long road trips with the windows down.

Electronic Dance Music is becoming a popular summer music genre. The Chainsmokers have dominated the EDM scene, so it was only appropriate to include one of the DJ duo’s current chart-topping singles.

"I Took a Pill in Ibiza" by Mike Posner was originally acoustic guitar–based before it was remixed by the Norwegian duo Seeb and released last year, but the beachy single didn’t skyrocket in popularity until this winter. Now that the catchy single is still high on the charts and vacation season will be in full swing, this song will be highly replayed this summer.

The playlist also has a song by Kygo, a Norwegian DJ who has the ability to turn any song paradise-like, incorporating steel drums into most of his remixes.

Artists Post Malone and Future are also featured on the list, as well as American neo soul/indie pop band from Los Angeles Fitz & The Tantrums.

"Once In Awhile" by Timeflies was released on March 18 and is rapidly gaining recognition. It is expected to do well on the charts this summer.

Download these songs to your iPhone in preparation for some fun in the sun this summer.

One Dance - Drake feat. Wizkid and Kyla

Light It Up - Major Lazer feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG (Remix)

Wicked - Future

Ophelia - The Lumineers

Somewhere On A Beach - Dierks Bentley

Ride - twenty one pilots

HandClap - Fitz & The Tantrums

Never Be Like You - Flume feat. Kai

Once In A While - Timeflies

Go Flex - Post Malone

Stole The Show - Kygo feat. Parson James

Don’t Let Me Down - The Chainsmokers feat. Daya

Wasted Time - Keith Urban

Middle - DJ Snake feat. Bipolar Sunshine

Pop Style - Drake feat. The Throne

Work From Home - Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign

Wake Up - Fetty Wap

All The Way Up - Fat Joe & Remy Ma feat. French Montana

Fast Car - Jonas Blue feat. Dakota

I Took a Pill in Ibiza - Mike Posner (Seeb Remix)