Do you believe in magic? After seeing “The Illusionists,” you will.

The nationally acclaimed Broadway show will make its debut at West Virginia University Wednesday evening. The show serves to bring death-defying stunts to life on stage, keeping the audience on the edge of their seats. The show is part of the University Toyota University Arts Series.

“The Illusionists” is a best-selling magic show currently touring across North America with a new lineup of magicians, tricksters and performers. The show catered to sold-out arenas across Australia before making its journey to begin the North American and Canadian tour. The show encompasses a seven-style lineup in which illusionists showcase their particular specialties.

The show is appropriate for all ages. The world-renowned magicians include The Anti-Conjurer, The Trickster, The Manipulator, The Inventor, The Weapon Master, The Deceptionist and The Escapologist. The Anti-Conjurer attracted the public eye after his appearance on “America’s Got Talent” in 2010. He is now introduced as a mix between Marilyn Manson and David Copperfield. The Anti-Conjurer is infamously known for his ghastly sense of humor and shock illusions.

The Trickster specializes in comedy magic. He leaves audiences laughing long after the show is over, stealing the show with his stage presence.

The Manipulator specializes in manipulating mystery and wonder and is often referred to as “The Future of Magic.” He has practiced magic since the age of 9.

The Inventor concentrates on magic innovation and reminding audiences of the state of awe they felt as children. Stars ranging from David Copperfield to Nicholas Cage have performed his magic acts in the Hollywood Film Adaptation.

The Weapon Master specializes in performing dangerous acts of deftness while using crossbows to shoot objects. His crossbow stunts leave audiences quivering with excitement.

The Deceptionist got his start on “Britain’s Got Talent,” focusing on performing the art of illusion to the next level live on stage, without edits or camera tricks.

Lastly, The Escapologist bases his work off of Harry Houdini’s electrifying acts, specializing in escaping death traps without getting hurt. The seven brands of magic come together to form a thrilling show of nonstop action on stage.

The Trickster, known as Jeff Hobson, believes the audience must participate in a performance to fully understand it and grasp the magic.

“There is nothing better than a piece of magic that has audience participation,” Hobson said. “To make magic really amazing, you got to make the audience experience it as close as possible.”

Kristie Stewart-Gale, the WVU Arts and Entertainment Marketing and Advertising Manager, said the show is similar to David Copperfield’s appearance at the Creative Arts Center in 2005 as part of the University Arts Series. She believes students should attend the performance because it is an opportunity to see a professional performance for a low price.

“WVU Students get to experience this fabulous performance for only $23,” Stewart-Gale said. “The show promises spectacular magic performed by accomplished showmen. I have personally been looking forward to this show all season.”

“The Illusionists” can be seen at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. this Wednesday at the Lyell B. Clay Concert Theatre in the Creative Arts Center. For more information, visit http://theillusionistslive.com/.