Share your pet photos with the DA and we might include it in print and online!

featured

Meet Athena! Athena was found almost three years ago in a McDonald’s parking lot as a feral kitten. She was caught in a humane coon trap and she’s been her owner's best friend ever since! She enjoys her jellyfish toy and throwing litter across the room, abd her tricks include sleeping for 23…

featured
  • Updated

Penney is her owner's constant companion and lays next to him as he's working during the pandemic. She's also a huge Mountaineer fan. Her tricks include lying down and sitting up- when she wants. Penny's favorite treat is licking the Chipotle bowl.

featured

Meet Kiwi, a Boston Terrier who loves to eat blueberries! Kiwi was the runt of her litter, so she'll stay at a tiny 12 lbs. She loves sleeping in, cuddling, and chasing fireflies, and her tricks include sit, shake, lay down, roll over and stay. But only if you have a treat. Without it, she’s…

featured

This is Leo, a mini goldendoodle! He is four months old and is very loved by his parents. For the 4th of July, he went swimming, ate lots of watermelon and had naps. Overall a successful holiday weekend! Leo's tricks include sitting for food and ear rubs (or any kind of affection), and his f…

featured
  • Updated

Meet Piper, an independent one-year-old rascal who loves to terrorize her feline frenemy, taking long naps on people’s laps, chasing birds and especially meeting new people. Piper won’t listen to anything you say, but when offered a treat, she will stand up on her hind legs and hop nearly a …

featured

Meet Izzy, a rescue dog from a puppy mill in Boone County. She's a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she'll follow you everywhere. She hates snuggling, but loves laying on people's laps. Izzy can to sit, lay down, roll over, play dead and spin in circles. Her favorite treat is spaghetti.

featured

Meet Lily, a miniature husky/basset hound mix. If she’s not the center of attention, she’ll whine so she gets it! If she’s laying down and you can’t reach to pet her, she'll wiggle her way closer to you! Lily can sit, shake, lay down, roll over and spin, especially for her favorite treat, pe…

featured
  • Updated

Meet Gumby, a hamster that can crawl through tunnels and turn his little body 360 degrees. He can stash a bunch of food in his cheeks to a point where he becomes 80% cheeks! Gumby's favorite snack is mealworms.

featured
  • Updated

Hope is a stray Rhode Island Red chicken who wandered onto our property. We already had chickens so after being unable to contact the owner, she became part of the flock.Hope loves to hop and turn in circles for her favorite treats, freeze-dried mealworms.

featured
  • Updated

Rugby is a 2 month old St. Bernard puppy. Her birthday is Valentine's Day. She loves cuddles, running around outside, and eating everything in her sight.

featured
  • Updated

This is Jigglypuff. She's a weird little cat who loves stealing ice cream and playing with paper! Because of her dedicated interest in the paper medium, she is looking forward to making her print debut. 

featured
  • Updated

Today's Pet of the Day is Leo, a Syrian Hamster. Leo loves staring out of windows and going for walks around the apartment- he knows how to walk on a leash. He somehow escapes from his cage like once a week, and his favorite snack is strawberries.

featured

Meet Mollie, a Siberian husky who was born on 9/26/19 and adopted at 5 weeks old. When she joined the family, Mollie was severely underweight (2 pounds), extremely lethargic, anemic and had a protein deficiency from being infested with fleas and worms. Since being treated at the vet, she is …

featured

This is Sif! He is playful, sweet, and has a lot of charisma. He loves to cuddle, go for walks, and play with anything he finds. His favorite snack is cookies. 

featured

Cheerio is a two-years-old long hair calico cat and just made the big move to Morgantown this past August. She enjoys sunbathing and knocking her mother's things into the toilet. Cheerio's favorite treat is Temptations crunchy treats and will stand on back legs for one.

featured

Gypsy is a Chipin, a chihuahua-miniature pinscher mix rescue with a spunky attitude & an overwhelming love for apples & naps! 

featured

Check out Dexter hanging 10 and chillin' out.  He loves to play, cuddle and eat his brother's food.

featured

This is Paul, a veiled chameleon. Paul loves eating, sleeping, and basking in the sun just like the rest of us. He changes colors based on his mood and he loves humans. His favorite snack is horned worms.

featured

This is Brutus. Brutus's favorite thing is his bone, and the only thing he loves more than his Sissy is taking naps! His favorite treat is Burger King french fries. If you meet him, he will cover you with slobbery kisses!

featured
  • Updated

This is Chad. He loves to run in circles very fast. He also likes to sleep on the couch in his owner’s ball cap. His favorite toy is a light blue binky that squeaks.

• Updated

Axel enjoys acting like he is a cat by jumping on weird surfaces and chasing a red laser light all day long.

• Updated

This is Kaiser. He is a 2-year-old Golden Retriever. He is very outgoing and quite the lady’s man. Kaiser enjoys being outdoors, watching WVU sports and getting his “BarkBox” delivery each month.

Cloe is a sweet, old girl who is scared of everything - including the bath tub.

This is Chester, a majestic baby that emerged from the depths of the forest to fill my life with happiness and love.

Juneau loves chewing bones and playing with her brother Arminius.

• Updated

This is Salem. He was born on Christmas. He loves to cuddle and walk around the pet store on a leash. 

This little lady goes by Nathan Scott. She likes to eat crickets and bathe in her water bowl.

Mia is regal and thinks she owns the house, but still cuddly and sweet.

• Updated

Chiku is cuddly, very talkative and loves to play ALL the time.

Ray is a lazy weenie who loves his family and sunbathing.

This is Felix. Many people think he's a stuffed animal, but he is not.

Eve and Pippin are two sisters who love playing outside, climbing trees, catching moths and cuddling up in bed!

Ash loves to sleep and cuddle until you move him from his slumber. Then, he gets feisty.

• Updated

Otis’ favorite things include tennis balls, playing “no take, only throw” and making funny faces!

• Updated

Gigi and Lulu are two peas in a pod. Family and friends typically refer them as “the girls” because they look so much alike and do so many things together.

• Updated

Lizzie LOVES to fetch the ball... all day long! She understands 40 words and the spelling of 7 words– no joke.

Lady is a playful little dog who loves running around the woods, cuddling up to people and getting belly rubs.

• Updated

Pedro spends his days chillaxin’ in his new backyard after retiring from Greyhound racing. 

This is Salem. He was born on Christmas, loves to cuddle and walk around the pet store on a leash.

Rosie is a very good girl who enjoys going to the dog park and eating things she’s not supposed to. 

Riley loves belly rubs and hugs as well as getting her nails painted!

Rose and Abbi are 4-year-old sisters who love to hike and go boating on canoes, kayaks and SUPs!

Oliver enjoys walks in the park and giving people hugs. 

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper