Share your pet photos with the DA and we might include it in print and online!

featured
  • Comments

Hazel is a one-year-old Australian Shepherd who is full of energy and loves to spend her time watching WVU games and tormenting her older sisters. She also loves meeting new people and exploring nature during walks. Hazel is great at fetch and leaping over anything that gets in her way, and …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Elsie May, a Golden Retriever mix. Elsie is a big cuddler, except on gamedays when she knows it's time to party. Elsie fetches tennis balls and frisbees and returns them back to us, and her favorite treat is Banana Peanut Butter Homemade Treats.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Hatley, an English Bulldog who is super energetic and loves to go on walks around the stadium! Hatley can sit and shake hands, and her favorite treat is a bone wrapped in bacon.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Maverick, AKA Mav, a German Shepard who will be 1 year old in late August. He loves to play ball and spend any time outside as long as he’s with family. His favorite toy is an old raggedy reindeer that he carries around the house! Maverick knows to sit, lay down and paw (as of now). Mav…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Messi, a Cavachon (mix of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bichon).Messi loves sitting on laps, searching for hidden treats and playing “Walking Dead”, which involves being chased around the house by humans making zombie noises. He is very sweet and loving, and never wants to be apart …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Bostyn, a crazy and sweet 2 year old Pomapoo that loves people and loves to bark at people, although, he will cuddle with you anytime. Bostyn loves to catch frisbees and chase tennis balls. His favorite treat is chicken.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Oshie, a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix) who loves to play fetch, cuddle with his people, and go on adventures like hiking and swimming! Oshie can sit, stay, lay down, give paw, spin, and roll over.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Pablo, a 5lb Teacup poodle, but his attitude makes up for it! He’s no lap dog; he regularly goes on 5 mile walks and runs on the rail trail. Pablo's best friend is a 15lb cat, who he bosses around in the funniest way. Pablo knows how to shake, roll over, spin, jump, and speak on command…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Scooter, a flame-point Siamese cat. Scooter is a very spoiled cat who loves attention and will actually yell if he doesn’t get it. Scooter's favorite treat is Friskies Party Mix.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Nova, a 10-week-old Silver Lab puppy. Nova is the biggest drama queen, but her owner wouldn’t like her any other way! Her favorite thing to do is sleep, and she goes crazy when she knows she's about to get fed. Since Nova is still little, she only knows sit, shake, and spin, and her fav…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Izzy, a rescue dog from a puppy mill in Boone County. She's a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she''ll follow you everywhere. Izzy hates snuggling, but loves laying on people's laps. She can to sit, lay down, roll over, play dead and spin in circles, and her favorite treat is …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Meatball, a Chocolate Lab who is a 100 pound meatball. Meatball's best trick is he makes food disappear, and his favorite treat is anything he can get his paws on.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Bella, a yellow lab who is very lovable and the best cuddle buddy. Her ears are the softest thing ever felt. Bella loves going on runs around her yard and also stealing food when you turn your back to her. She can shake, fist bump, and high five, which are all pretty much the same movem…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Bullet!! Bullet loves taking naps in bed and cuddling. He might be a little on the thicker side, but he still thinks he can sit on anyone’s lap. If you give him a treat he’ll be your best friend for life. Favorite treats include Milk Bones and meatballs.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Charlie, a grey/brown tabby who is the most affectionate cat you'll ever meet. She loves to get pets, goes crazy for treats and loves to snuggle on laps. Charlie is outgoing and playful and is very curious around other cats. Her favorite toys are any balls that have bells in them. Charl…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

This is Kiwi, a 10 month old Boston Terrier puppy that loves to sleep 20 hours a day and play with her toys. Kiwi's tricks include sitting, shaking hands, laying down, rolling over and staying. Her favorite treat is beef rib bones.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

This is Chrysanthemum, a three-year-old cat. She is a woman of many talents and likes to adventure outside and climb her owner's brick wall while enjoying the great Morgantown views. Chrysanthemum's tricks include killing bugs and speaking on command.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Mr. Boots! He's an office cat (hence the title of Mr.). His job is to hang out around the office and keep everyone in a good mood. Mr. Boots loves playing with his toy fish, and also loves to sit on the couch like he’s a human.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Tigger, a ginger short-haired tabby cat who is only 4 months old. He loves people and is very social with other animals, too. Tigger loves car rides and belly rubs, and likes to chase his tail and do flips. He also picks up his mice toys and runs with them in his mouth.Tigger's favorite…

featured
  • Comments

Hello there! Meet Obi wan Kenobi, a 7 months old Parti Yorkie. Obi loves playing fetch and cuddling, and when he's outside, he loves chasing birds. Obi also likes to join in with sing-alongs by barking. 

featured
  • Comments

Meet Lily, a miniature husky/basset hound mix. Lily loves to have everyone’s attention and will whine to get it!! Her favorite trick is she can tell when you open something she can have- if it's for her, she runs over, but if not she continues to lay where she’s at. Lily's favorite treat is …

featured
  • Comments

Meet Athena! Athena was found almost three years ago in a McDonald’s parking lot as a feral kitten. She was caught in a humane coon trap and she’s been her owner's best friend ever since! She enjoys her jellyfish toy and throwing litter across the room, abd her tricks include sleeping for 23…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Penney is her owner's constant companion and lays next to him as he's working during the pandemic. She's also a huge Mountaineer fan. Her tricks include lying down and sitting up- when she wants. Penny's favorite treat is licking the Chipotle bowl.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Kiwi, a Boston Terrier who loves to eat blueberries! Kiwi was the runt of her litter, so she'll stay at a tiny 12 lbs. She loves sleeping in, cuddling, and chasing fireflies, and her tricks include sit, shake, lay down, roll over and stay. But only if you have a treat. Without it, she’s…

featured
  • Comments

This is Leo, a mini goldendoodle! He is four months old and is very loved by his parents. For the 4th of July, he went swimming, ate lots of watermelon and had naps. Overall a successful holiday weekend! Leo's tricks include sitting for food and ear rubs (or any kind of affection), and his f…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Piper, an independent one-year-old rascal who loves to terrorize her feline frenemy, taking long naps on people’s laps, chasing birds and especially meeting new people. Piper won’t listen to anything you say, but when offered a treat, she will stand up on her hind legs and hop nearly a …

featured
  • Comments

Meet Izzy, a rescue dog from a puppy mill in Boone County. She's a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she'll follow you everywhere. She hates snuggling, but loves laying on people's laps. Izzy can to sit, lay down, roll over, play dead and spin in circles. Her favorite treat is spaghetti.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Lily, a miniature husky/basset hound mix. If she’s not the center of attention, she’ll whine so she gets it! If she’s laying down and you can’t reach to pet her, she'll wiggle her way closer to you! Lily can sit, shake, lay down, roll over and spin, especially for her favorite treat, pe…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Gumby, a hamster that can crawl through tunnels and turn his little body 360 degrees. He can stash a bunch of food in his cheeks to a point where he becomes 80% cheeks! Gumby's favorite snack is mealworms.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Hope is a stray Rhode Island Red chicken who wandered onto our property. We already had chickens so after being unable to contact the owner, she became part of the flock.Hope loves to hop and turn in circles for her favorite treats, freeze-dried mealworms.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Rugby is a 2 month old St. Bernard puppy. Her birthday is Valentine's Day. She loves cuddles, running around outside, and eating everything in her sight.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

This is Jigglypuff. She's a weird little cat who loves stealing ice cream and playing with paper! Because of her dedicated interest in the paper medium, she is looking forward to making her print debut. 

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Today's Pet of the Day is Leo, a Syrian Hamster. Leo loves staring out of windows and going for walks around the apartment- he knows how to walk on a leash. He somehow escapes from his cage like once a week, and his favorite snack is strawberries.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Mollie, a Siberian husky who was born on 9/26/19 and adopted at 5 weeks old. When she joined the family, Mollie was severely underweight (2 pounds), extremely lethargic, anemic and had a protein deficiency from being infested with fleas and worms. Since being treated at the vet, she is …

featured
  • Comments

This is Sif! He is playful, sweet, and has a lot of charisma. He loves to cuddle, go for walks, and play with anything he finds. His favorite snack is cookies. 

featured
  • Comments

Cheerio is a two-years-old long hair calico cat and just made the big move to Morgantown this past August. She enjoys sunbathing and knocking her mother's things into the toilet. Cheerio's favorite treat is Temptations crunchy treats and will stand on back legs for one.

featured
  • Comments

This is Paul, a veiled chameleon. Paul loves eating, sleeping, and basking in the sun just like the rest of us. He changes colors based on his mood and he loves humans. His favorite snack is horned worms.

featured
  • Comments

This is Brutus. Brutus's favorite thing is his bone, and the only thing he loves more than his Sissy is taking naps! His favorite treat is Burger King french fries. If you meet him, he will cover you with slobbery kisses!

featured

This is Chad. He loves to run in circles very fast. He also likes to sleep on the couch in his owner’s ball cap. His favorite toy is a light blue binky that squeaks.

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper