Share your pet photos with the DA and we might include it in print and online!

featured

This is Jigglypuff. She's a weird little cat who loves stealing ice cream and playing with paper! Because of her dedicated interest in the paper medium, she is looking forward to making her print debut. 

featured

Today's Pet of the Day is Leo, a Syrian Hamster. Leo loves staring out of windows and going for walks around the apartment- he knows how to walk on a leash. He somehow escapes from his cage like once a week, and his favorite snack is strawberries.

featured

Meet Mollie, a Siberian husky who was born on 9/26/19 and adopted at 5 weeks old. When she joined the family, Mollie was severely underweight (2 pounds), extremely lethargic, anemic and had a protein deficiency from being infested with fleas and worms. Since being treated at the vet, she is …

featured

This is Sif! He is playful, sweet, and has a lot of charisma. He loves to cuddle, go for walks, and play with anything he finds. His favorite snack is cookies. 

featured

Cheerio is a two-years-old long hair calico cat and just made the big move to Morgantown this past August. She enjoys sunbathing and knocking her mother's things into the toilet. Cheerio's favorite treat is Temptations crunchy treats and will stand on back legs for one.

featured

Gypsy is a Chipin, a chihuahua-miniature pinscher mix rescue with a spunky attitude & an overwhelming love for apples & naps! 

featured

Check out Dexter hanging 10 and chillin' out.  He loves to play, cuddle and eat his brother's food.

featured

This is Paul, a veiled chameleon. Paul loves eating, sleeping, and basking in the sun just like the rest of us. He changes colors based on his mood and he loves humans. His favorite snack is horned worms.

featured

This is Brutus. Brutus's favorite thing is his bone, and the only thing he loves more than his Sissy is taking naps! His favorite treat is Burger King french fries. If you meet him, he will cover you with slobbery kisses!

featured

This is Chad. He loves to run in circles very fast. He also likes to sleep on the couch in his owner’s ball cap. His favorite toy is a light blue binky that squeaks.

This is Kaiser. He is a 2-year-old Golden Retriever. He is very outgoing and quite the lady’s man. Kaiser enjoys being outdoors, watching WVU sports and getting his “BarkBox” delivery each month.

Cloe is a sweet, old girl who is scared of everything - including the bath tub.

This is Chester, a majestic baby that emerged from the depths of the forest to fill my life with happiness and love.

Juneau loves chewing bones and playing with her brother Arminius.

This is Salem. He was born on Christmas. He loves to cuddle and walk around the pet store on a leash. 

This little lady goes by Nathan Scott. She likes to eat crickets and bathe in her water bowl.

Mia is regal and thinks she owns the house, but still cuddly and sweet.

Chiku is cuddly, very talkative and loves to play ALL the time.

Ray is a lazy weenie who loves his family and sunbathing.

This is Felix. Many people think he's a stuffed animal, but he is not.

Eve and Pippin are two sisters who love playing outside, climbing trees, catching moths and cuddling up in bed!

Ash loves to sleep and cuddle until you move him from his slumber. Then, he gets feisty.

Otis’ favorite things include tennis balls, playing “no take, only throw” and making funny faces!

Gigi and Lulu are two peas in a pod. Family and friends typically refer them as “the girls” because they look so much alike and do so many things together.

Lizzie LOVES to fetch the ball... all day long! She understands 40 words and the spelling of 7 words– no joke.

Lady is a playful little dog who loves running around the woods, cuddling up to people and getting belly rubs.

Pedro spends his days chillaxin’ in his new backyard after retiring from Greyhound racing. 

This is Salem. He was born on Christmas, loves to cuddle and walk around the pet store on a leash.

Rosie is a very good girl who enjoys going to the dog park and eating things she’s not supposed to. 

Riley loves belly rubs and hugs as well as getting her nails painted!

Rose and Abbi are 4-year-old sisters who love to hike and go boating on canoes, kayaks and SUPs!

Oliver enjoys walks in the park and giving people hugs. 

This is Grappa, a West Highland Terrier, posing near her favorite building on campus.

Lorelai is a 2-year-old Golden Retriever. Her favorite treat is beef and sweet potato jerky dog treats.

This is Jingles! She was adopted in December 2017, loves to play with hair ties and is a little ball of energy.

Leo loves playing with Q-tips, Dixie cups and mouse toys. He often gets into trouble!

Arminius is super independent and typically will not listen to anything you say unless you have a treat for him.

This is Raven. She is three years old. She loves laying in leaves and chasing birds.

This is Trooper the smallmouth bass. She is about one year old and is very excited to be released into a private pond this spring. She loves chasing minnows and eating shrimp.

Cruz loves running, playing fetch, swimming, snow, playing at the dog park and going on hikes

Clementine is super excited for spring weather so she can spend time in the great outdoors.

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper