Share your pet photos with the DA and we might include it in print and online!

featured

Meet Sora! Sora is a playful Shiba Inu who loves scratches, grilled cheese and running in circles. His tricks include sitting and smiling, and his favorite treat is Dentastix.

featured

Meet Banjo! She's a fun and loving rescue kitten who brings smiles to everyone's face! Banjo's favorite thing to do is cuddle up to you for her afternoon nap, and get her breakfast and dinner. She's sweet and cuddly until she gets the zoomies and terrorizes everything in her path, especially…

featured

Meet Desmond, an American Shorthair Tuxedo cat. Desmond is a three-year-old certified ESA! Dapper Des sports his tuxedo and an attitude every day; he loves chin rubs, treats, and crawling into warm laundry- they call him the Laundry Gremlin. He is both the goodest boy and a terror bundled in…

featured

Meet Rafa and Madison! Rafa and Madison are Petit Basset Griffon Vendeens (PBGV), and by nature are ornery and vocal - they are hound dogs and give voice freely. Rafa has been with their owner since he was a puppy, and Madison (who is Rafa's niece) was rehomed with her current owner because …

featured

Meet Poppy! Poppy hates to cuddle, but loves to sit between your legs under blankets. Her favorite thing to do is chase squirrels, but she's just a little too loud and they always hear her coming before she gets there. Poppy loves people; the only reason anyone ever comes to her human’s hous…

featured

Meet Molly! Molly is very laid back Beagle mix that also loves to explore the outdoors. Her favorite thing to do is go to the family farm and run around the fields, followed by a nice nap in the sun. Molly knows to speak, shake and roll-over and will eat anything.

featured

Meet Bear, a 3-year-old Yorkie and Daschund mix. He likes heated blankets and playing tug of war. Bear's favorite thing to do is wear clothes- he's wearing his United States Postal Worker outfit in this picture. Bear hates rain and mail carriers (which is ironic given the outfit). Bear doesn…

featured

Meet Zeus! Zeus is their owner's first pet, which they got from their Greek Mythology professor at Potomac State College. Zeus loves to sit in an armchair and get brushed, and frequently tries to get in the toilet to play with the water. For tricks, Zeus can catch flies in mid-air by slappin…

featured

Meet Rico, a 3-4 year old chihuahua mix. He loves to play, especially with his favorite stuffed black bear toy, and also loves car rides, walks on the Rail Trail and sunbathing with his brother Bruce Wayne. Rico enjoys chasing his tail and running in circles, and during the evening, you can …

featured

Meet Baker! Baker is an Australian Cattle dog that loves belly rubs, eating grass and chewing on water bottles. He can sit, is able to chase his tail and fetch, and his favorite treat is ice cubes.

featured

Meet Taters, a one-year-old Bernese Mountain Dog that lives in Houston, TX with her sister Tots. Her favorite snacks are peanut butter, watermelon and bananas. Taters' favorite activities are nap time, belly rubs, walks and cheering on the Mountaineers. Follow Taters and Tots on Instagram as…

featured

This is Jingles! Jingles is 12-years-old and has more beds and blankets than we can count, but she prefers to sleep on her mom's Tempur-Pedic. She loves peanut butter, Hoggin' Dogs ice cream and Cheerios. Every Halloween her dad buys them matching costumes; this year she is going to be a lion!

featured

Meet Fred! Fred is a large grey cat and was rescued as a stray kitten in Ohio. He’s a very loud and talkative cat and loves to snuggle and lay right on top of you. Fred is really sassy and sometimes gets aggravated if he’s not getting love and attention- the closest thing Fred can do to a tr…

featured

Meet Beau! Beau is a tabby cat who loves to run around and play in water! He's very friendly and loves to be around people. When he's not playing, Beau is busy napping with his stuffed lamb toy. For tricks, Beau climbs up your leg when he wants you to pick him up and hold him, and his favori…

featured

Meet Beck and Rory! Beck is a 4-year-old cattle dog mix and Rory is a 3-year-old golden retriever. They enjoy hiking, running, fetching the tennis ball and especially swimming in any body of water. For tricks, Rory will do a full dive into a swimming pool non-stop for hours every day of the …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Gretzky and Coco! They are very fun, friendly and fantastic. For tricks, Gretzky and Coco have been seen doing the occasional backflip (not on command), and for treats, Gretzky loves Denti Sticks and Coco loves Tissue Paper.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Angus! He’s a clown and a tank, and will run and jump on everything- he’s got some angus beef on him. Angus is obsessed with a watering can that’s in the shape of a pig that he’ll chase back and forth, and his favorite treat is Nilla Wafers.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Ruby, an American English Coonhound rescue that lead a rough life. She’s getting used to the couch and air conditioning. Ruby has learned to sit and shake, and her favorite activity is a long walk, and her favorite treats are soft milk bones and frosty paws .

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Ripley! She’s much more energetic than your average bulldog. Ripley loves going to dog parks and running with the big dogs, meeting new people, playing with soccer balls and of course a good nap. Ripley also loves riding longboards and skateboards! When she gets on, it’s impossible to g…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Loki! He's a huge goofball, and loves to sing and walk around the house looking for crumbs to eat. Loki's favorite trick is when you say "boop," he bobs his head up and down, and his favorite treat is pistachios.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Rascal, a 12 year old shitzu. Even though he’s an older dog, and has a few age related problems (dementia, arthritis, cataracts), he still has the spirit of a puppy! He is the biggest WVU fan and is ALWAYS sporting one of his WVU collars (except when he’s wearing his Christmas bow, of c…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Sam. Sam is a 9-year-old lab mix rescue and the resident shop dog at Defense In Depth in Sabraton. His favorite treat is chicken.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Blackie! Blackie is a Black Labrador and former editor-in-chief's Douglas Soule's pet. Blackie is very dysfunctional- he doesn't fetch, hates water, and yet, he is a very awesome companion! His tricks include sleeping and eating, and his favorite treat is marshmallows.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Eggnog! Eggnog is an expert fly catcher, wall climber and nap enthusiast! Her best friend is Misteke (featured in the pic!). Eggnog's favorite hobby is fly catching, which consists of leaps and flips followed by promptly eating it!

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Butterball! Butterball loves to eat, cuddle with his Mommy and knock down anything he can. His best trick is to eat a whole can of cat food in 0.5 seconds, and his favorite treat is Friskies.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Chico! Chico is a nine-year-old chihuahua and loves to take naps while snuggling with any and everyone. He doesn't do any tricks- unless napping counts, LOL. Chico's favorite treat are Milkbones.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Kodah! Kodah is such a laid back boy who loves to play fetch (or, rather, he goes after it and occasionally brings it back), sleep and go on road trips. Everywhere we go, people want to know how old he is because his fluffy ewok face and puppy personality make him seem so young when he'…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Yapita! Yapita is super independent and all about snacks. She enjoys biting wires on her free time - she's definitely an enemy of wireless technology. Yapita understands Spanish and English commands, and her favorite treat is all the foods!

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Cleo! Cleo is getting ready for Finals Week- Cleo's owner thinks this look is how we're all feeling heading into finals. 

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Gemma, a Labradoodle whose favorite activity is going to work and playing with others. She also loves to swim and go on hikes with her family and friends. Gemma can sit, stay, lay down, pound it, and high five! Gemma's favorite treat is a Bully Stick.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Tig! Tig is an Australian Cattle Dog that loves playing fetch, running and taking walks in the park and hikes in the West Virginia mountains. Tigs favorite treat is doggy ice cream!

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Finn Maximus Modecki, a 3-year-old Silver Labrador from Cheat Lake. His favorite activities include walks and runs through the neighborhood. He absolutely loves chasing tennis balls, squirrels and deer throughout the property. Finn can sit, lay, and shake. He can also tell time, he knows exa…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Cedric, a Goldendoodle that's always by his owner's side, keeping them company and in high spirits. He is a fully trained service dog, and can detect low blood sugar. Cedric can sit, stay, lay, high five, shake, fetch and leave it. He can also carry clothes to a laundry basket or washer…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Mack, a Bernedoodle named after Mack trucks. He loves walks, car rides, and running in the yard! Mack's can stands on his hind legs, and his favorite treat is cheese.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Clark, a 4 month old white Labrador who loves water. His father won the best "Retriever Labrador" award at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show last year. He also loves to meet other dogs. Clark can sit, roll, shake and lay and his favorite treat is a Busy Bone.

featured
  • Comments

Hazel is a one-year-old Australian Shepherd who is full of energy and loves to spend her time watching WVU games and tormenting her older sisters. She also loves meeting new people and exploring nature during walks. Hazel is great at fetch and leaping over anything that gets in her way, and …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Elsie May, a Golden Retriever mix. Elsie is a big cuddler, except on gamedays when she knows it's time to party. Elsie fetches tennis balls and frisbees and returns them back to us, and her favorite treat is Banana Peanut Butter Homemade Treats.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Hatley, an English Bulldog who is super energetic and loves to go on walks around the stadium! Hatley can sit and shake hands, and her favorite treat is a bone wrapped in bacon.

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Maverick, AKA Mav, a German Shepard who will be 1 year old in late August. He loves to play ball and spend any time outside as long as he’s with family. His favorite toy is an old raggedy reindeer that he carries around the house! Maverick knows to sit, lay down and paw (as of now). Mav…

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Messi, a Cavachon (mix of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bichon).Messi loves sitting on laps, searching for hidden treats and playing “Walking Dead”, which involves being chased around the house by humans making zombie noises. He is very sweet and loving, and never wants to be apart …

featured
  • Updated
  • Comments

Meet Bostyn, a crazy and sweet 2 year old Pomapoo that loves people and loves to bark at people, although, he will cuddle with you anytime. Bostyn loves to catch frisbees and chase tennis balls. His favorite treat is chicken.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Oshie, a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix) who loves to play fetch, cuddle with his people, and go on adventures like hiking and swimming! Oshie can sit, stay, lay down, give paw, spin, and roll over.

featured
  • Comments

Meet Pablo, a 5lb Teacup poodle, but his attitude makes up for it! He’s no lap dog; he regularly goes on 5 mile walks and runs on the rail trail. Pablo's best friend is a 15lb cat, who he bosses around in the funniest way. Pablo knows how to shake, roll over, spin, jump, and speak on command…

featured
  • Comments

Meet Scooter, a flame-point Siamese cat. Scooter is a very spoiled cat who loves attention and will actually yell if he doesn’t get it. Scooter's favorite treat is Friskies Party Mix.

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper