Share your pet photos with the DA and we might include it in print and online!

featured

Meet Izzy, a rescue dog from a puppy mill in Boone County. She's a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she''ll follow you everywhere. Izzy hates snuggling, but loves laying on people's laps. She can to sit, lay down, roll over, play dead and spin in circles, and her favorite treat is …

featured
  • Updated

Meet Meatball, a Chocolate Lab who is a 100 pound meatball. Meatball's best trick is he makes food disappear, and his favorite treat is anything he can get his paws on.

featured

Meet Bella, a yellow lab who is very lovable and the best cuddle buddy. Her ears are the softest thing ever felt. Bella loves going on runs around her yard and also stealing food when you turn your back to her. She can shake, fist bump, and high five, which are all pretty much the same movem…

featured
  • Updated

Meet Bullet!! Bullet loves taking naps in bed and cuddling. He might be a little on the thicker side, but he still thinks he can sit on anyone’s lap. If you give him a treat he’ll be your best friend for life. Favorite treats include Milk Bones and meatballs.

featured
  • Updated

Meet Charlie, a grey/brown tabby who is the most affectionate cat you'll ever meet. She loves to get pets, goes crazy for treats and loves to snuggle on laps. Charlie is outgoing and playful and is very curious around other cats. Her favorite toys are any balls that have bells in them. Charl…

featured
  • Updated

This is Kiwi, a 10 month old Boston Terrier puppy that loves to sleep 20 hours a day and play with her toys. Kiwi's tricks include sitting, shaking hands, laying down, rolling over and staying. Her favorite treat is beef rib bones.

featured
  • Updated

This is Chrysanthemum, a three-year-old cat. She is a woman of many talents and likes to adventure outside and climb her owner's brick wall while enjoying the great Morgantown views. Chrysanthemum's tricks include killing bugs and speaking on command.

featured
  • Updated

Meet Mr. Boots! He's an office cat (hence the title of Mr.). His job is to hang out around the office and keep everyone in a good mood. Mr. Boots loves playing with his toy fish, and also loves to sit on the couch like he’s a human.

featured
  • Updated

Meet Tigger, a ginger short-haired tabby cat who is only 4 months old. He loves people and is very social with other animals, too. Tigger loves car rides and belly rubs, and likes to chase his tail and do flips. He also picks up his mice toys and runs with them in his mouth.Tigger's favorite…

featured

Hello there! Meet Obi wan Kenobi, a 7 months old Parti Yorkie. Obi loves playing fetch and cuddling, and when he's outside, he loves chasing birds. Obi also likes to join in with sing-alongs by barking. 

featured

Meet Lily, a miniature husky/basset hound mix. Lily loves to have everyone’s attention and will whine to get it!! Her favorite trick is she can tell when you open something she can have- if it's for her, she runs over, but if not she continues to lay where she’s at. Lily's favorite treat is …

featured

Meet Athena! Athena was found almost three years ago in a McDonald’s parking lot as a feral kitten. She was caught in a humane coon trap and she’s been her owner's best friend ever since! She enjoys her jellyfish toy and throwing litter across the room, abd her tricks include sleeping for 23…

featured
  • Updated

Penney is her owner's constant companion and lays next to him as he's working during the pandemic. She's also a huge Mountaineer fan. Her tricks include lying down and sitting up- when she wants. Penny's favorite treat is licking the Chipotle bowl.

featured

Meet Kiwi, a Boston Terrier who loves to eat blueberries! Kiwi was the runt of her litter, so she'll stay at a tiny 12 lbs. She loves sleeping in, cuddling, and chasing fireflies, and her tricks include sit, shake, lay down, roll over and stay. But only if you have a treat. Without it, she’s…

featured

This is Leo, a mini goldendoodle! He is four months old and is very loved by his parents. For the 4th of July, he went swimming, ate lots of watermelon and had naps. Overall a successful holiday weekend! Leo's tricks include sitting for food and ear rubs (or any kind of affection), and his f…

featured
  • Updated

Meet Piper, an independent one-year-old rascal who loves to terrorize her feline frenemy, taking long naps on people’s laps, chasing birds and especially meeting new people. Piper won’t listen to anything you say, but when offered a treat, she will stand up on her hind legs and hop nearly a …

featured

Meet Izzy, a rescue dog from a puppy mill in Boone County. She's a little shy, but once she gets to know you, she'll follow you everywhere. She hates snuggling, but loves laying on people's laps. Izzy can to sit, lay down, roll over, play dead and spin in circles. Her favorite treat is spaghetti.

featured

Meet Lily, a miniature husky/basset hound mix. If she’s not the center of attention, she’ll whine so she gets it! If she’s laying down and you can’t reach to pet her, she'll wiggle her way closer to you! Lily can sit, shake, lay down, roll over and spin, especially for her favorite treat, pe…

featured
  • Updated

Meet Gumby, a hamster that can crawl through tunnels and turn his little body 360 degrees. He can stash a bunch of food in his cheeks to a point where he becomes 80% cheeks! Gumby's favorite snack is mealworms.

featured
  • Updated

Hope is a stray Rhode Island Red chicken who wandered onto our property. We already had chickens so after being unable to contact the owner, she became part of the flock.Hope loves to hop and turn in circles for her favorite treats, freeze-dried mealworms.

featured
  • Updated

Rugby is a 2 month old St. Bernard puppy. Her birthday is Valentine's Day. She loves cuddles, running around outside, and eating everything in her sight.

featured
  • Updated

This is Jigglypuff. She's a weird little cat who loves stealing ice cream and playing with paper! Because of her dedicated interest in the paper medium, she is looking forward to making her print debut. 

featured
  • Updated

Today's Pet of the Day is Leo, a Syrian Hamster. Leo loves staring out of windows and going for walks around the apartment- he knows how to walk on a leash. He somehow escapes from his cage like once a week, and his favorite snack is strawberries.

featured

Meet Mollie, a Siberian husky who was born on 9/26/19 and adopted at 5 weeks old. When she joined the family, Mollie was severely underweight (2 pounds), extremely lethargic, anemic and had a protein deficiency from being infested with fleas and worms. Since being treated at the vet, she is …

featured

This is Sif! He is playful, sweet, and has a lot of charisma. He loves to cuddle, go for walks, and play with anything he finds. His favorite snack is cookies. 

featured

Cheerio is a two-years-old long hair calico cat and just made the big move to Morgantown this past August. She enjoys sunbathing and knocking her mother's things into the toilet. Cheerio's favorite treat is Temptations crunchy treats and will stand on back legs for one.

featured

Gypsy is a Chipin, a chihuahua-miniature pinscher mix rescue with a spunky attitude & an overwhelming love for apples & naps! 

featured

Check out Dexter hanging 10 and chillin' out.  He loves to play, cuddle and eat his brother's food.

featured

This is Paul, a veiled chameleon. Paul loves eating, sleeping, and basking in the sun just like the rest of us. He changes colors based on his mood and he loves humans. His favorite snack is horned worms.

featured

This is Brutus. Brutus's favorite thing is his bone, and the only thing he loves more than his Sissy is taking naps! His favorite treat is Burger King french fries. If you meet him, he will cover you with slobbery kisses!

featured
  • Updated

This is Chad. He loves to run in circles very fast. He also likes to sleep on the couch in his owner’s ball cap. His favorite toy is a light blue binky that squeaks.

• Updated

Axel enjoys acting like he is a cat by jumping on weird surfaces and chasing a red laser light all day long.

• Updated

This is Kaiser. He is a 2-year-old Golden Retriever. He is very outgoing and quite the lady’s man. Kaiser enjoys being outdoors, watching WVU sports and getting his “BarkBox” delivery each month.

Cloe is a sweet, old girl who is scared of everything - including the bath tub.

This is Chester, a majestic baby that emerged from the depths of the forest to fill my life with happiness and love.

Juneau loves chewing bones and playing with her brother Arminius.

• Updated

This is Salem. He was born on Christmas. He loves to cuddle and walk around the pet store on a leash. 

This little lady goes by Nathan Scott. She likes to eat crickets and bathe in her water bowl.

Mia is regal and thinks she owns the house, but still cuddly and sweet.

• Updated

Chiku is cuddly, very talkative and loves to play ALL the time.

Ray is a lazy weenie who loves his family and sunbathing.

This is Felix. Many people think he's a stuffed animal, but he is not.

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper