Just this Monday, WVU made a change to the PRT that affects everyone that rides it. For most of this year, to get on the PRT, all students and other PRT riders needed to do was select their destination prior to going through the turnstile. Now hopeful riders will have to either swipe their WVU ID or pay 50 cents to get on the PRT. This was how the PRT used to be before this year. Now this rule is back in place with only a few weeks left in the academic year.  These extra steps might seem like an inconvenience to students, but some students riding the PRT Wednesday did not seem to mind.

“Honestly, I don’t care about the new rule because I have my card on me anyway. I’ll just swipe it. I think they used to have that as a rule anyway and I didn’t even notice they stopped doing it.”

Glen Morgan, Accounting Student

“Honestly, the 50 cents is a little much, but I can sort of understand it when parents come to visit, and of course the University wants money. I think the swiping the card is a good idea based on just random people getting on the PRT just whenever they want, and that sort of presents a safety risk.”

Ryan Ashworth, Wildlife and Fisheries Student