With the winter weather and school in full swing, it is crucial to have a fun, addicting TV show to binge watch. FOX has created the perfect series for those stuck indoors living vicariously through television characters “Lucifer”.

Premiering on Jan. 25, “Lucifer” has become a fan favorite in only three episodes. The series revolves around Lucifer Morningstar, otherwise known as the Devil. Lucifer has decided to take a break from Hell and take a vacation. Where is the perfect place for the Devil to take a vacay? That’s right, the City of Angels.

With Tom Ellis as Lucifer, Lauren German, Kevin Alejandro, D.B. Woodside, Lesley-Ann Brandt, Scarlett Estevez and Rachael Harris cast as the main characters, “Lucifer” offers viewers a complex plot carried out by a group of up-and-coming actors.

Living in Los Angeles, Lucifer owns a dark, popular bar named Lux where he and his friends from Hell work and hang out. After one of his friends is murdered in his arms, Lucifer meets Chloe Decker, a beautiful detective who is working on the case. Within the first episode, Lucifer befriends Decker and her daughter Beatrice and starts to find a heart within himself.

In the show, Lucifer appears as a normal human. He is tall, dark and handsome. Immortal, Lucifer has no problem showing people his true colors. He attempts to reign his anger in by seeing and sleeping with a local therapist. Lucifer’s devilish charm makes people feel so comfortable around him that they are attracted to him and begin to tell him their greatest desires. However, Chloe seems to be immune to this charm, making Lucifer rather obsessed with her.

After saving Chloe’s life, Lucifer partners up with the reluctant Chloe to make an odd and quirky detective couple. As the episodes continue on, Lucifer and Chloe begin to take on other cases together while dealing with their complicated personal lives.

What Lucifer has hidden from Chloe is that he is the Devil, and he is in the middle of an internal conflict of whether he should return to Hell or stay in Los Angeles and become a better person. Constantly visited by his brother angel, Amenadiel, Lucifer knows his father wants him home. However, his attachment to Chloe keeps Lucifer in Los Angeles.

FOX does a great job with Lucifer. Although religion is a hard topic to work into a television show, show developer Tom Kapinos found a great way to continue the story of the “Garden of Eden”. Using Los Angeles as a modern-day garden, “Lucifer” is retelling the story of the “Prince of Darkness” in a modern setting. The show is inappropriate and raunchy, yet it has a great underlying message.

Overall, “Lucifer” is a great show. It might be a little far-fetched at times, but its constant twists and turns keep things exciting. Not only is there a main plot, but every episode has a mini mysterious plot.

To learn more about “Lucifer” and watch online episodes, visit http://fox.com/lucifer.