Table 9

Located near the Rail-Trail in the Wharf District, Table 9 offers craft food with seating right on the river.

As warm weather comes this way, outdoor dining becomes a popular demand within the community.

Here are a few restaurants not far from West Virginia University that are popular due to their outdoor seating.

Jameson’s

One of the more professional and relaxed environments among Morgantown’s abundance of bars, Jameson’s provides residents, out-of-town guests and WVU students a place to kick back and watch a game or two on the many TVs around the restaurant. The high quality food on the menu attracts a large crowd, and the outdoor eating area is a sought out place to have dinner during the warmer months. Located in the heart of downtown Morgantown on High Street, Jameson’s brings authentic Irish appeal to the city.

Mario’s Fishbowl

A small bar and grill located on Richwood Avenue is home to a great amount of Morgantown history. The business was originally opened as Richwood Avenue Confectionary in July 1950. The owners sold ice cream to neighborhood children and had plenty of beer on tap for the parents. The beer was served in large Weiss goblets from the Morgantown Glass Works, now the Seneca Center on Beechurst Avenue. Due to the popular demand of beer goblets called "fishbowls," the business was appropriately renamed "Mario’s Fishbowl." The bar has always been popular amongst WVU students who developed challenges over the years. Today, the walls at the Fishbowl are covered with more than five decades of signs proclaiming eating and drinking records. Mario’s Fishbowl has outdoor dining at both the Richwood location and the newer Suncrest location on University Avenue.

Table 9

Focusing on the craft of food and drink, Table 9 is Morgantown’s first gastropub, a reflection of the seasons and local farms in West Virginia. The pub focuses on the new American-styled cuisine, wine, craft beer and cocktails served in a bright, contemporary space. This welcoming and comfortable atmosphere is also equipped with outdoor dining and is located on Donley Street.

Terra Cafe

Located on Industrial Avenue in Star City, Terra Cafe uses the finest and freshest local ingredients to create dishes and pastries. Serving everything from breakfasts and desserts to beer and wine, the cafe specializes in homemade dishes. The relaxed eatery has a patio in the back; perfect for sandwiches and salads on a warm day.

Stop by these restaurants for some outdoor, warm weather dining.