Power Yoga Morgantown

Snuggled between The Mirror’s Image and Brick Yard Pub is a small business bringing calm and relaxation to the hustle and bustle of downtown: Power Yoga Morgantown. Located at 235 Spruce St., the yoga studio is known for its zen classes and workshops.

Opened by Jared Callahan and Amanda Love in 2012, the yoga studio has not only inspired others but also empowered them to find their inner greatness.

Power Yoga Morgantown offers four kinds of classes: power flow, basic flow, yoga tour and restorative flow. While the basic flow classes focus on the basic building blocks of yoga, power yoga focuses on the strength and mindfulness one can use in and out of the studio.

Restorative flow focuses on extending the body and centering and calming the muscles. For those looking for a less traditional and more energetic yoga practice, the yoga tour classes offer all that and more.

Any yoga goers interested in these classes need to bring a mat or rent one at the front desk. The only requirement for all classes is a smile.

“All of our classes are for all levels. A first time practitioner could drop into any one of the classes on the schedule we offer,” said Callahan. “A beginner simply must be comfortable stepping outside their comfort zone and trying something new.”

The studio also offers many unique classes, such as $5 drop-in practices on Friday, as well as training for anyone looking to become a yoga instructor.

“We are a yoga teacher training school. We now focus on training and certifying the next generation of yoga teachers,” Callahan said. “Every Tuesday at 5:45, we have a class featuring a live beat with a professional percussionist from New York City, Lisa Pegher. We just finished up three teacher trainings and have an amazing new team of teachers who are inspired to connect with new students.”

Power Yoga Morgantown understands the sacrifices students, educators and veterans give on a daily basis. The yoga studio offers discounted rates for these special community members.

“For students, educators and veterans, we offer classes for just $10, five class passes for $45 and ten class passes for $75 as well as memberships which would be unlimited yoga for $90 a month,” Callahan said.

The yoga studio has no plans on slowing down during the summertime, in fact, they are just getting started. On Memorial Day, Power Yoga Morgantown will be offering a special 90 minute hot yoga practice.

Later in the summer (Aug. 4-7), the studio will be taking a retreat to nearby Ohiopyle for some yoga, hiking and white water rafting. This retreat will help one escape from everyday stresses into the wild and wonderful nature around us. For $499, guests can enjoy the weekend at the Trilium Lodge.

A yearly tradition, Callahan has already started to list his favorite aspects of the trip:

“The remote lodge setting, the awesome community, clean, nutritious food, the optional world renowned class five white water rafting, waterfall hikes, and of course, the daily yoga practice.”

For more information on Power Yoga Morgantown, visit http://poweryogamorgantown.com.