‘Love’

Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust star in ‘Love’ on Netflix.

If you’re into romantic comedies, “Love” will probably settle your binge-watch craving.

“Love” is brought to you by Judd Apatow, who wrote “40 Year Old Virgin,” “Pineapple Express,” “Knocked Up” and other movies, short films and television shows. Sitting at No. 1 on the power rankings of best TV shows that ended after one season is “Freaks and Geeks,” which Apatow wrote. Naturally, there are similarities between “Love” and the short-lived “Freaks and Geeks.”

This Netflix Original Series was released on Feb. 19. All of season one’s 10 episodes were included in the release, which is good and bad- good because you don’t have to wait a week for each new episode but bad because of the pace at which most people watch readily available TV shows. It took me maybe three days to watch the entire season, no exaggeration. Another obvious pro to “Love” being on Netflix is the commercial-free aspect. Each episode is 40 minutes or fewer, making it a cakewalk to get through in a hurry.

The show takes place in LA and stars Gillian Jacobs and Paul Rust. Jacobs plays New Jersey native Mickey Dobbs, a difficult, confused, outspoken, bad habit-ridden radio program manager. Rust plays Gus Cruikshank, a Midwest-born, nerdy, shy, overly-nice teacher for a TV show. Both are in their early 30s, which comes as a surprise because the two look like they’re in their mid-20s.

Shortly after Mickey and Gus break things off with their partners, they find each other in an unlikely scenario. One morning following a rough night for both, Gus offers to pay for Mickey’s hangover remedies and they embark on a friendly adventure for the day.

They form a friendship and neither are too sure what they want or expect from one another. Mickey finds herself liking Gus, yet finds him too nice and not edgy enough for her lifestyle. She even sets Gus up with her Australian roommate which goes poorly but sparks Mickey and Gus’ relationship.

After a few rocky dates and hangout sessions, Gus isn’t sure Mickey is right for him as her interests don’t particularly coincide with his. They both struggle finding themselves throughout the first season. After a breakup between Gus and Mickey, season one’s finale brings them back together, a perfect segue into the second season.

It’s a plot of two completely different people with completely different interests who somehow find chemistry. “Love” combines drama, comedy and romance for a show that relates real-life problems and experiences.

Season one includes a guest appearance from the once more-relevant Andy Dick. Dick is known for his odd features and former MTV show titled, “The Assistant.”

“Love” has the script of your typical romantic comedy movie, however it’s in the form of a show. I find it intriguing because it starts out with the ordinary theme of “nice guys finish last” before doing a complete 180.

Arguably the worst part of binge watching Netflix shows is the dreaded wait for the next season. Usually, I’ll end up having to rewatch the show before season two because of the lengthy gap. There isn’t yet a premiere date for “Love’s” second season, but season two is currently filming and is expected in 2017.