Last night, some of the best actors and actresses gathered for the Academy Awards. This year, the two big topics of conversation included black nominees and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Chris Rock, who was the host this year, started the Oscars with a speech targeting the elephant in the room—this is the second year in a row in which every nominee was white.

“I’m here at the Academy Awards, otherwise known as the White People’s Choice Awards,” Rock said.

The speech targeted a lot of the controversy circulating while remaining funny and light-hearted to a certain extent.

“Why are we protesting this Oscars? It’s the 88th Academy Awards, which means this ‘no black nominees’ thing happened at least 71 other times. You got to figure that it happened in the ’50s, in the ’60s. One of those years, Sidney (Poitier) didn’t put out a movie. I’m sure there were no black nominees some of those years, say ‘62 or ‘63. Black people did not protest. Why? Because we had real things to protest at the time,” Rock said.

Continuing through the night, Chris Rock presented a spoof video after talking about the struggle black actors have finding opportunity. While all the spoofs were funny, Tracy Morgan may have stolen the show with his role in “The Danish Girl.”

Morgan said, “I’m a Danish Girl. These danishes is good girl!”

The other movie spoofs included “Joy” with Whoopi Goldberg, “The Revenant” with Leslie Jones and “The Martian” with Chris Rock.

The movie that won the most awards was “Mad Max: Fury Road.” It had 10 nominations and won six for Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Production Design, Makeup and Hairstyling, Film Editing and Costume Design.

Alicia Vikander won best actress in a supporting role for her work in “The Danish Girl” while Mark Rylance won Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his work in “The Bridge of Spies.” Brie Larson won Best Actress in a Leading Role for her work in “Room.”

Finally, after 13 years and six nominations Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his work in “The Revenant.” DiCaprio’s first nomination was in 1993 for Best Supporting Actor in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.” He was nominated again for the “Aviator,” “Blood Diamond,” twice for “The Wolf of Wall Street” and finally for “The Revenant.”

DiCaprio used his speech to thank everyone that he possibly could without taking too long. He then continued to talk about an issue that is very important to  him.

DiCaprio took time in his speech to address climate change. “And lastly I just want to say this: Making ‘The Revenant’ was about man’s relationship to the natural world,” DiCaprio said. “A world that we collectively felt in 2015 as the hottest year in recorded history.”

DiCaprio continued, saying the crew of “The Revenant” had to move to the extreme end of our planet to find snow.

“We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters and big corporations,” DiCaprio said. “But who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be most affected by this. For our children’s children, and for those people out there whose voices have been drowned out by the politics of greed. I thank you all for this amazing award tonight. Let us not take this planet for granted. I do not take tonight for granted. Thank you so very much.”