Twenty-two years ago, Americans huddled around the television watching O.J. Simpson, a.k.a. The Juice, in his white Ford Bronco running from the cops down a California highway. In the following months, people all across the country would tune in to watch the American football legend defend himself in a court of law. This part of American history is not only recent, but it involved some of the most famous people in Beverly Hills.

When FX announced they were writing a show about the O.J. Simpson trial, it started a lot of chatter around the nation. Not only did many people remember this trial, but it had not been spoken about in years. After stars such as John Travolta, David Schwimmer and Cuba Gooding Jr. signed on, the media went nuts predicting how the story would be portrayed.

On Feb. 2, the first episode of “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson” premiered. It became popular immediately and was flooded with memories of 1994. The show starts with O.J. Simpson getting in the limo to fly to Chicago for an appearance and about the same time, his ex-wife, Nicole Brown-Simpson and her friend, Ronald Goldman, were found murdered outside Nicole’s Brentwood apartment. The series then begins to follow the sequence of events that happened after the bodies were found. O.J. Simpson’s best friend, Robert Kardashian, comes running to O.J.’s side and partners up with Robert Shapiro to create O.J.’s legal team while law enforcement centers in on the murder suspects.

With such a high-profile case comes details. Many Americans remember watching O.J. on TV as a football player and then as a murder suspect. One of the biggest obstacles FX had to overcome was accuracy and, fortunately, they passed with flying colors. Not only does “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson” have an accurate timeline but the raw emotions from each actor mirrors the real-life person they are portraying.

The original trial was incredibly addicting to some Americans. Back in 1994, it almost seemed too crazy to be true. No one had any clue what was going to happen next. With this being said, the story of O.J. Simpson works very well with television. Every episode is accurate, yet entertaining. “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson” takes the modern day viewer and puts them into a time machine and shoots them back twenty years.

Two episodes in, O.J. has tried to kill himself, fled from police, led one of the most famous car chases in the world and arrived back to his Brentwood home to see his mother and surrender to police. Kardashian and Shapiro have started to defend O.J. in the press, Faye Resnick has started spreading stories of O.J. and Nicole’s relationship and Johnnie Cochran has begun to speak about the race issues at hand. Tune in on Tuesday to watch what happens next.

To watch episodes of “American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson”, visit http://fxnetworks.com/shows/american-crime-story/episodes.