It’s fall break. You live far away. Your parents are not coming to get you. You’re stuck on campus.

The break is a time too short to travel far, but still long enough to be boring if you let it. So why let it?

Instead of sitting in your dorm room wondering what all of your friends are doing at home, think of what you can do on campus. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1. Evening yoga at the Botanical Gardens. Starting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, the West Virginia Botanic Garden will host a yoga class. Whether you are a bonafide yogi or have yet to see the mat, yoga in the Botanical Gardens is open to everyone for a cost of $12 for members and $15 for non-members.

1. Bluegrass jam at Terra Café. This event is open to instrumentalists and spectators alike. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday night, Terra Café will be hosting an open mic-style bluegrass jam session. If you’re too shy to play or don’t have musical talent, you can still join in.

1. Go to the Gold-Blue Debut. The WVU men’s basketball team will appear in its season debut at 7 p.m. Friday night at the WVU Coliseum. The gates open at 6 p.m. with parking and admission being free for the night. Festivities include an introduction of the team and staff, a speech from head coach Bob Huggins and an autograph session with the players. The Mountaineer pep band, cheerleaders and dance team are also set to perform.

1. Hike at Cooper’s Rock. If you have not already been to this iconic Morgantown landmark, now is the time to go. It might be one of the last times you can go before the weather gets too cold to enjoy it.

1. Actually go to the football game. The student section is coming off a big week after last game’s matchup against Texas, and the stands are going to need as many students as possible if there is any hope of matching last week’s attendance. The Mountaineers face Iowa State at 4 p.m. on Saturday — there is no reason to be late. The absence of students who have left for fall break also means there’s a slightly lower chance you will get thrown up on or stumbled into, which is always a plus on game day.

1. Take a walk. Not that you have much choice, since the PRT is closed Thursday and Friday because of break, but the weather is just beginning to change. Meaning, it is the perfect time to take a stroll around campus and explore new places.

1. Paint a pumpkin. Get in the spooky spirit and paint a pumpkin. Carved pumpkins are not allowed in the dorms, but there are not any rules against painted ones. Buy a small, cheap pumpkin and some paint and get to work.

1. Watch those Halloween movies you’ve been dying to see. The new "Addams Family" movie comes out this week. If you cannot go to the movie theater to watch it or it just is not scary enough for you, putting on a Halloween movie and curling up with some blankets is always a crowd favorite. 

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter whether you are at home or on campus for fall break. It’s still fall break, a time to relax, have fun and not think about the stress that comes with the rest of the semester.