Freshmen arrive in Morgantown

A new student during freshmen move-in day at WVU 

With high school seniors beginning to make their college decisions and sending in their academic deposits, WVU has vamped up its annual student recruitment.

The University has officially launched its Class of 2024 Social Center, a hub for all things digital pertaining to the admissions process. Not only does it have the traditional Facebook groups, YouTube videos and WVU social media account handles, but the University created a #WVUbound Spotify playlist this year, too.

The Social Center is intended to “give students the opportunity to interact with us and share their excitement after paying their deposit,” according to a WVU email. And for those that have already paid their deposit, “it will be a much-needed touchpoint in their admitted student journey.”

It is located through the WVU Admissions website under the “Admitted Students” tab and is “everything you need to start your journey as a Mountaineer,” according to the website.

Included with the yearly WVU Class of 2024 and Families of WVU Class of 2024 Facebook groups is a new page: the WVU 2020 Transfer Student Cohort group. It has a launch date pending, and it is intended for students transferring to WVU in either summer or fall 2020 to meet potential roommates and make friends before classes officially begin.

The Social Center also provides new students with phone and computer wallpapers and a link to the Class of 2024 t-shirt. Also, as no WVU-related playlist could be complete without it, the #WVUbound playlist includes “Take Me Home, Country Roads.”

For new students attending WVU in the fall, May 1 is the deadline for academic deposit payment before New Student Orientation begins in June.