Emma Harrison, a native of Morgantown, WV currently spends most of her collegiate career working to expand educational opportunities for incarcerated people in West Virginia. She has been to over 72 prisons in a little over a one year time frame. She finds her work very rewarding and engagin…

Jessica Armes is a 1st year graduate student studying for her MS in Health Sciences with plans to attend PA school in the Fall. Through an independent study she’s been doing A1C diabetes screenings  and compiling data from in her home town of Clay County with hopes to ultimately bring effect…

Caitlyn Lyons is a native of Sparta, New Jersey and a current undergraduate student pursuing Sports Management with a minor in communications. She is a intern in the athletic communications department within West Virginia University. She works all year around including summers, working almos…

Stephanie is a Pennsylvania native. She is currently studying biochemistry and molecular biology here at WVU. Her long-term career goals are to gain a deep understanding of the mechanisms involved in metabolic disease, a health crisis that is exceedingly prevalent in West Virginia, to contri…

Shan Cawley is a native of Weirton, West Virginia and a current undergraduate student pursuing a double major in political science and English. Shan is a member of WVU's Student Government Association Student Senate, a organizer for Unite for IX, a member of Planned Parenthood: Generation Ac…

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper