"Come on you old grads, join with us young lads, it's West Virginia now we cheer!"

West Virginia University's Homecoming celebrations are this weekend, and there's tradition and school spirit to be had.

WVU Homecoming is about traditions, alumni and students getting together to celebrate being a Mountaineer – just like "Hail, West Virginia," urges us to do.

There are special events this weekend that students and alumni can partake in. It's a time to meet and greet those who walked through this school before us and share our experiences.

Take a second to meet some alumni at the Homecoming parade Friday or at the game Saturday.

Voting for the homecoming court voting began Wednesday and will end today at 7 p.m.

Voting booths are available at Towers, Mountainlair and the College of Law. The king and queen will be crowned at halftime of Saturday's football game against the Bowling Green State University Falcons.

The court is chosen by WVU's own study body and will represent the University as an embodiment of success, character and school spirit.

Royalty is just one small part of the larger Homecoming traditions. WVU celebrated its first Homecoming in 1910, but its first queen was not crowned until 1939.

Attend the Homecoming parade which will march down High Street starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

The "Pride of West Virginia," the Mountaineer Marching Band will be marching along with the WVU Alumni band, which will perform a version of the traditional pregame before the WVU Band takes the field on Saturday.

Da'Sean Butler, a first-team, All-American and the winningest player in WVU history, is returning this weekend to serve as the 2011 Parade Marshal for the Homecoming celebration.

Help keep Mountaineer tradition alive and participate in Homecoming celebration. Vote for the 2011 Homecoming court and attend Saturday's game with energy and enthusiasm.

Get to know some alumni and ask them about their experience at WVU, after all they walked through this campus too.