Rabbi Joe Hample and Seventh Ward Councilor Barry Wendell campaigning for Wendell’s reelection at the Morgantown Pride block party last Saturday.

A pastor, a priest and a rabbi will walk into a bar Monday night to discuss their faith and their responsibility to protect the environment. 

At 7 p.m. inside 123 Pleasant Street, Father Walt Jagela of St. John University Parish, pastor Zac Morton of Morgantown First Presbyterian and Rabbi Joe Hample of the Tree of Life Congregation will all take the stage to speak about the way different faiths can come together to work toward environmental stewardship, according to a press release.

The event will kick off a year-long environmental stewardship competition that will complete around the 50th anniversary of Earth Day in April 2020. The event and year-long competition is organized by Morgantown Working Families. 

“The challenge will call on local faith communities to have one discussion around the role of environmental stewardship as part of their faith’s teachings and commit to one action as a community to reduce their carbon footprint,” the organization wrote in the release.