Eleven individuals have been served arrest warrants over their involvement in the Spruce Street riots from Feb. 1.

The individuals named in a release from Morgantown Police, eight of which who are listed as residents of the Sigma Nu fraternity house and one as a resident of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house, are as follows:

• Bauer Cipressi, 21, of 617 North Spruce St. and Huntington, Maryland, is charged with open container and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Chad Harper, age unknown, of 617 North Spruce St. and Brecksville, Ohio, is charged with open container and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Darius McKenzie, 20 years of age of Voorhees, New Jersey, is charged with malicious burning and disorderly conduct and is pending arrest.
  • Drew Spearko, age unknown, of 617 North Spruce St. and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is charged with open container and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Garrett Wright, age unknown, of 617 North Spruce St., is charged with malicious burning and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Joseph Boggs, 26, of Caldwell, West Virginia, is charged with open container and is pending arrest.
  • John Kleissas of 617 North Spruce St. and Wye Mills, Maryland, is charged with disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Kyle Canavan of 617 North Spruce Street and Chesapeake, Virginia, is charged with open container and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Samuel Cole of 617 North Spruce Street and Springfield, Virginia, is charged with disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • Tyler Kiskis of 617 North Spruce Street and Pasadena, Maryland, is charged with open container and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.
  • William Pierson of 650 North Spruce Street and Charleston, West Virginia, is charged with throwing missiles and disorderly conduct and is pending arraignment.

The release says that while the Morgantown Public Works Department attempted to plow North Spruce Street, “members of the crowd and people that congregated on the porches began throwing beer bottles, liquor bottles, rocks and other projectiles at the officers and the public works crews. Staff of the Morgantown Police Department reviewed all the body camera footage, statements and surveillance video of the incident.”

April Kaull, a University spokesperson, wrote in a Wednesday night statement,"It is unfortunate that the behavior on Spruce Street a month ago has resulted in these charges but interfering with law enforcement officers cannot be taken lightly."

"Sadly, what began as a snow carnival became dangerous, requiring officers to step in," she wrote. "The order to disperse was met with objects being thrown, endangering both officers and individuals, which led to Morgantown Police using pepper balls and smoke grenades."

Kaull said the students could face discipline under the Student Conduct Code once the criminal charges are resolved.

Matthew Richardson, the director of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, said the nine listed as residents of a fraternity house that appeared in the release are active members. 

"As with any student, violations of local law/the Student Conduct Code shall be adjudicated by the Office of Student Conduct," he wrote in a Wednesday night email. "The Gamma Pi Chapter of Sigma Nu and West Virginia Gamma Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon are currently not being investigated in terms of the student conduct process due to the actions of a few of their members."

Several of the names in the press release from Morgantown Police were misspelled. They have been corrected.