christain help.jpg

Christian Help offers a 3-5 day emergency supply of food, drinks, toiletries, pet food and baby food to families every 60 days through their Food Pantry.

Christian Help is a non-profit organization located in Morgantown that serves anyone in need by providing financial support and professional guidance.

“We serve everybody and try to do it respecting everyone’s dignity,” said Erica Mayle, public relations coordinator for Christian Help. “You don't have to have any religious background or you can be religious.”

Monongalia and Preston County have many people that are unable to afford the necessities required in daily life, but Christian Help serves these residents in hopes of improving the poverty crisis within the community.

“Everything is free at Christian Help,” Mayle said. “Everyone says nothing in life is free. I always say nothing in life is free unless it comes from Christian Help.”

Christian Help offers a 3-5 day emergency supply of food, drinks, toiletries, pet food and baby food to families every 60 days through their Food Pantry. Household items, as well as men’s, women’s and children’s clothes can be found at the Free Store and Special Needs store in downtown Morgantown.

“The store provides clothing, but we also get small appliances, linens, blankets, towels, household items, baby items and children's items,” Mayle said.

Christian Help can also be a soluble resource for those in need of housing appliances and needs such as shelter, water, sewage, heat and electricity.

Beyond everyday necessities, the organization also offers a life guidance course designed for people to see past the barriers in their life that have created hardship. The goal is to overcome those hardships by discovering their hidden or dismissed value, and transform themselves into new and empowered people.

Jobs For Life is available for those unemployed, underemployed or those looking to pursue a career path. Those who benefited from the program, or for those in need of work attire, can find clothes at Career For Closets, which is another Christian Help service that provides white and blue collar uniform clothes.

Because of the organization’s volunteers and donations, Christian Help is able to provide free aid to the community and continue supporting the fight against poverty.

“We're here for anybody that needs it,” Mayle said. “A lot of people who come to Christian Help, they don't expect that they're going to be in the situation that they are in. Things happen, and people sometimes need help.”