Trump

President Trump stands alongside the First Lady as he answers questions from reporters in front of the White House.

In the one year since the 2016 presidential election, President Donald Trump has sent 2,462 tweets and visited West Virginia twice

"I think he’s accomplished good economic growth," said Luke Luciano, a WVU sophomore business student from Westchester County, New York. "America is looking a little bit better."

"I supported Trump, I’d rather him than Hillary in the White House, but as a president I don’t he should be tweeting at basketball players and stuff like that, just tweeting [his] opinion all the time," Luciano said.

On Jan. 20, 2016, Trump’s first tweet after taking office was:

"Today we are not merely transferring power from one Administration to another, or from one party to another – but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C. and giving it back to you, the American People. #InaugurationDay."

As of Tuesday at 5 p.m., Trump’s latest tweet was:

"Thank you to all Americans who participated in Nat’l Rx Drug Take Back Day. A record amount of drugs collected & disposed. We can do this!"

On July 24, Trump visited West Virginia for the first time following his inauguration.

Speaking in Glen Jean, West Virginia, at the 2017 Boy Scout Jamboree, Trump said, "And I’ll tell you what, the folks in West Virginia who were so nice to me, boy, have we kept our promise. We are going on and on. So we love West Virginia. We want to thank you."

Trump stirred national attention with remarks at the Jamboree.

Talking about William Levitt, an American real estate developer, Trump said, "And he went out and bought a big yacht, and he had a very interesting life."

"I won’t go any more than that because you’re Boy Scouts, so I’m not going to tell you what he did," Trump said.

During the Jamboree, Trump also threatened to fire Tom Price, former United States Secretary of Health and Human Service, if Obamacare was not repealed and replaced.

"Hopefully he’s going to gets the votes tomorrow to start our path toward killing this horrible thing known as Obamacare that’s really hurting us," Trump said. "Otherwise I’ll say, ‘Tom, you’re fired.’"

Hours after the event ended, Trump tweeted, "Remember your duty. Honor your history. Take care of the people God puts into your life – and LOVE & CHERISH your country!"

Three days later, Chief Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh of Boy Scouts of America said in a statement, "I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree."

On Aug. 3, Trump returned to West Virginia for a campaign rally.

"Just arrived in West Virginia for a MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN rally in Huntington at 7:00p.m. Massive crowd expected - tune in!" said Trump in a tweet.

During the rally, West Virginia Governor Jim Justice announced he would be changing from a Democrat to a Republican.

"I can’t help you anymore by being a Democratic governor," Justice said.

Trump said to a cheering crowd, "I am thrilled to be back in the very, very beautiful state of West Virginia."

The day after his Huntington rally Trump tweeted, "West Virginia was incredible last night. Crowds and enthusiasm were beyond, GDP at 3%, wow! Dem Governor became a Republican last night."

Trump almost returned on West Virginia on Oct. 4.

On Sept. 30, Monongalia County Commissioner Tom Bloom announced on Facebook that Trump would be visiting Morgantown for a town hall with Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity.

Trump cancelled the Morgantown visit after the shooting at a Las Vegas music festival on Oct. 1.

Tweet analysis from www.trumptwitterarchive.com