Update at 10:45 a.m.

The Daily Athenaeum has confirmed the names of the two WVU students who were injured on the PRT from the rock fall.

The injured include Maceon Wheeler, an engineering students, and Chloe Bolin, an animal and nutritional sciences student.

Update at 6:40 p.m.

The WVU Sigma Alpha Sorority is raising money for Chloe Bolin, one of its members, who was injured in the PRT that collided with the boulder on Monday, according to a post on its Facebook page.

Bolin is a WVU animal and nutritional sciences student.

Update at 5:15 p.m.

Rock slides on Mon Boulevard have been a problem for decades.

Below is a notable incident that was mentioned in an issue of the Daily Athenaeum from Jan. 25, 1983.

Jan. 25, 1983 rock slide

A more recent and more minor rock slide occurred in April 2018.

Update at 4:20 p.m.

A Tuesday afternoon Morgantown news release said it is believed the PRT struck a rock lying on the track as a result of Monday's rock slide.

Rock debris traveled across Monongahela Boulevard, damaging a protective fence and landing on the tracks, according to the release. This damaged the PRT and injured two of the nine people in it.

This contrasts with earlier information from WVU that said there were only seven people in the PRT and that the rock struck the PRT.

The PRT riders were extracted by the Morgantown Fire Department, according to the release. The two injured were transported to Ruby Memorial Hospital, and the extent of their injuries and current condition is unknown.

Morgantown spokesperson Michaela Martin said the boulder that fell onto Monongahela Boulevard and onto the PRT tracks on Monday came from WVU property, but the hillside is a part of the West Virginia Division of Highways Right-of-Way.

Susan Cramer, 65, of Morgantown was the driver injured by the boulder, according to a Morgantown police report. 

While the roadway is currently open, the West Virginia Division of Highways is currently evaluating the stability of the hillside, according to the release. The long-term response to this incident is pending the review of the hillside, roadways and PRT tracks by WVU engineers, DOH engineers as well as Morgantown staff and the Monongalia County Office of Emergency Management.

Update at 12:20 p.m.

Morgantown spokesperson Michaela Martin confirmed this. 

Update at 11:45 a.m.

Morgantown spokesperson Michaela Martin said the boulder that fell onto Monongahela Boulevard and onto the PRT tracks on Monday came from WVU property, but the hillside is a part of the West Virginia Division of Highways Right-of-Way.

Martin said figuring out stability of the hillside will take a cooperative agreement between WVU and DOH.

The Daily Athenaeum has obtained a Morgantown police report of the incident. The city's crash report has not been completed yet. 

Update at 9 a.m.

While the city had earlier believed that all injuries resulting from Monday's rock slide were minor, the woman in the car had a few broken bones and a collapsed lung that required surgery, said Morgantown spokesperson Michaela Martin.

Martin said the city was currently unsure of the jurisdiction the boulder came from.

The two other injured from the rock slide were on the PRT. There were seven total people in the PRT. To remove the occupants, part of the PRT side was removed.

------------

Update at 9 p.m.

Two WVU students have been admitted to J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital after the PRT car they were in was struck during the rock slide on Monday, according to a WVU email.

The PRT will be closed between Beechurst and Engineering on Tuesday.

The PRT will circulate between Walnut and Beechurst, and on a separate loop between Engineering, Towers and the Health Sciences Center on a normal schedule beginning at 6:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.

Buses will run between Beechurst and Engineering stations, according to the email. Pick-up will be at Life Sciences Building and Evansdale Crossing.

-------------

Three people were taken to the hospital after a boulder struck a car on Monongahela Boulevard and a PRT car on the tracks late Monday afternoon, according to a WVU press release.

Two of the people taken to the hospital were in the PRT car, said John Bolt, University spokesperson. There were seven total people in the PRT. To remove the occupants, part of the PRT side was removed.

Morgantown Fire Chief Mark Caravasos said a boulder fell and smashed the car. One of the bits of it went through the fence onto the PRT track, where it hit a PRT vehicle.

Currently a set of buses are running between the Life Sciences Building and Evansdale Crossing during the PRT's closure. The PRT will be closed for the rest of the day, Bolt said.

Buses are also running between Towers, Evansdale Crossing and the Mountaineer Station.

Updates will come as information becomes available.