The wait is finally over.

Beech View Place apartments are now open and leasing after two-and-a half years of construction.

Beech View Place, located along Beechurst Avenue, offers one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments for up to 420 students.

The building also houses a variety of shops and bistros.

Tim Janidas, a managing partner of Beech View Place, said although there wasn’t a formal announcement of the complex’s completion, he is excited to showcase the nearly finished product, one project he believes has been well worth the wait.

“We wanted to have nice housing and safe housing. There are a lot of run-down properties here and we noticed that a lot of the nicer apartments were out of town, so we thought that making something in walking distance would be better,” Janidas said.

Even though residents are within walking distance from the main Downtown campus, Beech View Place also offers parking spots for 355 residents in its parking garage.

“Parking’s a premium here in town. A lot of people are concerned in Morgantown because there’s not enough parking. Residents get upset when the students come in and park their cars everywhere,” Janidas said.

Although the apartments are open and ready for students, the bottom floor, which consists of shops and bistros, will not be open until late September.

The shops will consist of a grocery store, a gyro shop, Cafe Euro (straight from Greece), a hot food restaurant with items such as hotdogs and hamburgers, as well as tanning, beauty and nail salons.

While Janidas said the apartments are only about 30 percent full, he can’t really see any disadvantages of living there.

“It was built for student housing. …There’s great quality of living space, its quiet and convenient, there’s a bathroom for every bedroom, there’s a washer and dryer in each unit, there’s a big common area outside, and the PRT’s close … it’s just in a great location,” Janidas said.

The multi-bedroom complex starts at $695 per bed with utilities included.

Other amenities are unique to the space and are free of cost to residents such as Wi-Fi and cable packages, security cameras, 24-hour management, roommate matching, river views, online bill pay and individual leases.

Because of the building’s unique shape, Beech View Place also offers various room layouts.

The apartments are still accepting applications for living there this school year.

For more information, visit http://www.aplaceatthebeech.com/.