Lutheran Campus Ministry

Lutheran Campus Ministry at WVU is located on University Avenue. 

Update, May 11, 8:20 a.m.

The woman who was found dead Friday morning behind a Morgantown chapel was a WVU English lecturer.

“She was scheduled to teach an online course this summer, but she was not on the schedule to teach in Fall 2019,” wrote April Kaull, a University spokesperson, in an email Saturday morning.

At 7:30 a.m., the body of Elizabeth Ann Leo, 34, of Morgantown, was found behind Lutheran Campus Ministry near the intersection of University Avenue and Hough Street, according to a Morgantown news release. Detectives from MPD responded, processed the scene and canvassed the area.

“Our thoughts are with Elizabeth’s family during this difficult time, and our Carruth Center is available for students, faculty or staff as our campus community mourns her loss,” Kaull wrote.

The body will be taken to the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Charleston, where an autopsy will be performed, according to the release. The investigation is ongoing.

Information about the Carruth Center can be found here.

Original story, May 10

The Morgantown Police Department is conducting a death investigation after a woman was found dead behind a chapel Friday morning, according to a Morgantown news release.

At 7:30 a.m., the body of Elizabeth Ann Leo, 34, of Morgantown, was found behind Lutheran Campus Ministry near the intersection of University Avenue and Hough Street, according to the news release. Detectives from MPD responded, processed the scene and canvassed the area.

The body will be taken to the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office in Charleston, where an autopsy will be performed.

The investigation is ongoing, and no further details were provided. If you have any information to assist in this investigation, please contact MPD at 304-284-7522.