Slade_downtowncampusscenes5.jpg

A scene on the downtown campus on March 24, 2021.

As COVID-19 vaccination rates continue to increase, West Virginia University has announced guidelines to ensure a safe return for its employees for the fall 2021 semester.

Remote and hybrid employees were asked to confirm or update their long-term work arrangements in the Applaud HR system before May 31, according to WVU.

Under the remote work schedule, employees will continue to work remotely at all times, while periodically attending a meeting or University event on campus. Hybrid employees will work on campus for a designated period each week on a regular schedule.

According to the University, the information provided in its HR system was used to establish telecommuting agreements for employees who wish to continue remote or hybrid work. WVU will begin to implement these agreements on June 14.

Employees who requested to work under the hybrid or remote work schedules should expect an email from Employee Relations on July 1. From there, those employees can complete their telecommuting agreement in the Blue System.

WVU Research Corporation employees who also wish to continue remote or hybrid work will receive an email from WVURCTalentandCulture@mail.wvu.edu with similar instructions.

In addition, the University is requesting all remote and hybrid employees to meet with their supervisors to review schedule information prior to completing their agreement.

All remote and hybrid employees are required to complete their telecommuting agreements by June 23, and supervisors must give approval for their direct reports by July 2.

The University’s telecommuting agreements will be effective July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.

The University also announced financial assistance will not be offered to remote and hybrid employees for home internet costs because of limited competition among internet providers throughout the state.

WVU is also launching a parking program for remote and hybrid employees, including a daily parking pass, an annual pass and a monthly rate.

According to the University, remote employees will be enrolled in the parking program automatically, and if they wish to opt out, they should contact the Parking Management Office at 304-293-5502. Hybrid employees will be required to opt in to the program.

Throughout the next month, WVU said it will continue configuring workspaces on campus given the number of employees who will work remotely and in a hybrid capacity.

Summer Editor

I'm a sophomore journalism student, minoring in English and professional writing, from Charleston, West Virginia, and the DA's video editor. I'm responsible for managing the video team, and together we create a wide range of visual content for the paper.