The WVU Board of Governors will vote Friday morning on an unspecified tuition increase for the next academic year.

First reported by the Charleston Gazette-Mail, the WVU BOG will vote in its regular meeting whether or not to raise tuition for the 20th consecutive year.

WVU spokesman John Bolt, along with a few board members, did not provide the proposed rates to the newspaper Monday or Tuesday.

The DA reached out to the University on Wednesday for any additional information, but it did not provide further comment.

In an interview with the DA on March 24, WVU President E. Gordon Gee said because the state legislature did not make cuts to higher education funding this year, he thinks if there are any tuition hikes at all, he expects the increases to be “very moderate” ones.

“I think with the stability of our budget, I think the expectation would be that if there is any, it will be very, very modest,” Gee said.

Last year, WVU upped tuition 5.7 percent after cuts were made to the state’s total higher education funding. Average tuition for West Virginia residents this year was $4,428 per semester and $12,480 per semester for out-of-state students.

The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. Friday and will be held at the Erickson Alumni Center.