NRYPM Students

A series of students nominated for NRYPM.

Every day, students at West Virginia University are doing amazing things to reach their potential. During the month of January, the DA will spotlight the achievements of these hard working students during National Reach Your Potential Month.

Throughout January, look for inspiring articles and videos from students who have gone above and beyond to reach their potential.

A native of Morgantown, Kevin Donnelly studies chemical engineering with a minor in law and legal studies. WVU has inspired Kevin simply by the university’s “Let’s Go” mentality. “I am consistently amazed by the incredible adventures, research, academics and projects that students and faculty at WVU tackle every day,” said Kevin.

Hailing from Follansbee, West Virginia, Jocelyn King describes herself as a “West Virginia girl, born and raised.” WVU has helped Jocelyn work on her time management skills, but has also helped her realize her passion is not within her major, and that she will not be pursuing any nutrition-related professions after graduation. “Everything I’ve ever wanted to do growing up – every plan changed – WVU had a great program for it all,” said Jocelyn.

Jonathan Monroe, from Upper Marlboro, Maryland, describes himself as a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Following in his parents’ academic and professional footsteps, he is a business administration major with a human resources emphasis. His advice to other students is to network as much as possible and to monitor their mental health.

Ryan Bilger of Macungie, Pennsylvania is a master’s student studying public history. WVU has prepared him for his future career by “having a public history program that balances theory and current practice excellently,” he says.

Chinonso Nwachukwu is an accounting major and political science minor from Lagos, Nigeria. Chinonso’s advice for other WVU students who are still trying to find their passion: “Believe in yourself and always bet on yourself. You might fail more times than you win, but people remember your wins more than your losses.”

Rachel Rogers, is a journalism major from Grafton, West Virginia and the vice president of Philanthropy and Service for the Panhellenic Association and Interfraternity Council. Her advice to other WVU students is, “Get involved. If I hadn’t stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something new, I never would have found the opportunities that I have over the last three years.”

Read more about these inspiring students, both in the pages of the DA and online.

National Reach Your Potential Month is brought to you by the Daily Athenaeum and Coca-Cola.

National Reach Your Potential Month Logo