2019 through 2020 staff members

Some of the 2019-2020 DA team.

Welcome, and welcome back, Mountaineers!

For the 132nd year, the Daily Athenaeum is beginning publication on WVU’s campus. 

Things have changed for our independent student newspaper, especially over the last year. We’ve grown our staff, grown our online platforms and grown our paper circulation. We’ve worked hard to create the content you want and need. Most importantly, we’ve worked hard to build a better relationship with you.

All the progress we’ve made over the past year wouldn’t be possible without you. 

The time you spend reading, watching, listening to and sharing our work helps strengthen our paper, and your insight helps guide us as we learn and evolve.  We want to continue to reach out to our readers and hear your thoughts, concerns and ideas. 

If you’re interested in joining our team or just want to share a message, email us at danewsroom@mail.wvu.edu. We’re always hiring, and we’re always listening. Come over, and bring some friends!

Be sure to pick up our paper every Monday and Thursday, follow us on social media and read our daily coverage online. 

We have an excited team, and we can’t wait to write for you this year.

Editor in Chief

Douglas Soule is the editor-in-chief for the Daily Athenaeum. He previously served as assistant news editor at the Daily Athenaeum. He has interned at the Charleston Gazette-Mail and the Daily Athenaeum. He is a junior at WVU.