There are very few experiences that compare to a football game day in Morgantown. No matter what time kickoff is set for, you will find droves of fans filling the Blue Lot at 7 a.m. to get the day started. However, not all kickoff times are equal. Every fan dreads the infamous noon kickoff. These early games can be difficult for the fans, especially those who have to drive several hours to Morgantown. Then there are the mid-afternoon games. WVU will play several different mid-afternoon time slots this season including 2:30 p.m. vs. JMU, 3:30 p.m. vs. Texas and 4:00 p.m. vs. Iowa State. Personally, I love mid-afternoon games because they are a “happy medium.” There is plenty of time to tailgate and relax before the game plus the game ends in the early evening with enough time to catch the night games.

Speaking of night games, these are my favorite by far. Primetime games under the lights at Milan Puskar Stadium have an extraordinary energy. The crowd, players, and coaches are all amped. There is just something special about a night game in Morgantown. These games are almost always nationally broadcast on a major network, which adds an extra layer of intensity. Every student at WVU should experience a night game atmosphere at least once during his or her time in Morgantown. There are two upcoming home games we are still awaiting kickoff times to be announced: Texas Tech on Nov. 9 and Oklahoma State on Nov. 23. I’m hoping we get a primetime kickoff for one of these games so we can show Coach Brown what a night game at Milan Puskar Stadium is like.