Trump Tweets Fake News

Endorsement of Roy Moore for Alabama senate

President Trump endorsed Alabama senate candidate Roy Moore, despite Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct with underage women. Moore was defeated by Democrat Doug Jones for the senate seat in December.

"The people of Alabama will do the right thing. Doug Jones is Pro-Abortion, weak on Crime, Military and Illegal Immigration, Bad for Gin Owners and Veterans and against the WALL. Jones is a Pelosi/Schumer Puppet. Roy Moore will always vote with us. VOTE ROY MOORE!"

Tweeted on Dec. 12, 2017.

Threatening James Comey

Prior to the former FBI director’s testimony to the Senate intelligence committee in June, President Trump sent this tweet, implying that Comey had "tapes" of conversations between the two, and that it would be in his best interest to not reveal them to the media.

"James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"

Tweeted on May 12, 2017.

Attempt to expedite Puerto Rico relief efforts

After the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in September, several members of the military as well as the Federal Emergency Management Agency spearheaded the relief efforts. Despite many still needing assistance, shelter, food and medical attention, Trump sent this tweet roughly a month later. The situation in Puerto Rico remains dire even several months after the initial disasters.

"...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!"

Tweeted on Oct.12, 2017.

Travel ban for "dangerous" countries

This tweet from President Trump is indicative of a larger issue that took place over most of the year regarding a travel ban imposed on several countries, primarily those with high Muslim populations. After mass protests at airports around the nation, the ban was met with mixed success. However, in December, the Supreme Court allowed the third version of it to take effect.

"That’s right, we need a TRAVEL BAN for certain DANGEROUS countries, not some politically correct term that won’t help us protect our people!"

Tweeted on Jun. 5, 2017.

Insulting Kim Jong-Un

President Trump engaged in a war of words with North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un for most of the year, a feud that included this tweet. Trump made a point throughout the year of downplaying North Korea’s nuclear weaponry, and threatened to respond with "fire and fury" should North Korea attempt an attack on American soil with said weapons.

"Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!"

Tweeted on Nov. 11, 2017.

One of several tweets throughout the year citing "fake news"

President Trump’s battle with the media and his insistence on exposing "fake news" continued into 2017, and this was one of multiple tweets over the year that showed it. Trump noted that several media outlets primarily promoted "fake news," especially those with a left-leaning or centrist viewpoint.

"We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt, and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to recieve the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!"

Tweeted on November 27, 2017.