Monday in Morgantown logo

Monday in Morgantown Podcast

Monday in Morgantown is a weekly news podcast aimed at keeping you caught up on all the events on campus. Each Monday, a new episode detailing all the news you might’ve missed will be released.

Latest Episode

• Updated
  • Comments

This week podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses WVU football, the battle for a vaccine mandate and a football number retirement. To read the full stories visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcasts or wherever you stream podcasts.  

• Comments

This week, podcast host Chloe Snodgrass discusses football and basketball events and a newly renamed program at WVU. To read the full stories visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcasts or wherever you stream podcasts.  

• Comments

This week, podcast host Jarret Fox discusses a WVU football victory, Reynolds Hall and UPD's first female police chief. To read more on the stories covered today visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday In Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcats or wherever you stream podcasts.  

• Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses developments in a vaccine mandate, WVU basketball's preseason poll and a program's return to campus. To read more on the stories covered today visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcasts or wherever you st…

• Comments

This week, podcast host Chloe Snodgrass discusses a football loss, PRT power outages and homecoming royalty. To read more on the stories covered today visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcasts or wherever you stream podcasts. 

• Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses a eventful weekend for football, being vigilant when walking on or off campus and a sexual assault protest. To read the full stories visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/podcasts or wherever you stream podcasts.   

• Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses WVU's victory over Virginia Tech, students deciding to get vaccinated and the Board of Governors ruling about a vaccine mandate. To read more on the stories covered or any other stories from the DA visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Mo…

• Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses WVU footballs return to Morgantown, an update on the campus mask mandate and the internet's reaction to the Ohio State bus incident. To read more on the stories covered visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/p…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz discusses President Gee's thoughts on a vaccine mandate, Coach Huggins' contract extension and the Star City vintage festival. To read the full stories or any other stories from the DA visit thedaonline.com. Listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline…

• Comments

This week, podcast editor Sydney Wentz talks SGA's plans for the year, a residence hall air conditioning crisis and masks returning to campus. To read more on the stories from today's episode visit thedaonline.com. Stream Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/monday_in_morgantown or wherev…

• Updated
  • Comments

In this premiere episode of season 2 of Monday in Morgantown, podcast editor Sydney Wentz breaks down WVU's Welcome Week from the PRT and Rec Center reopening to how WVU celebrated the class of 2024.  For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morg…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, podcast host Lindsey McNamee discusses campus COVID updates, art installations in downtown Morgantown, and a campus die-in. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/monday_in_morgantown or subscribe wherev…

• Comments

This week, Photo Editor Duncan Slade covers the arrest of a local business owner in relation to the attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, a new waitlist system for class registration and a mix-up with a vaccine link. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can lis…

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith a historic SGA election, hate group flyers distributed in Morgantown and the WVU Day of Giving. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/monday_in_morgantown or subscribe wherever…

• Comments

This week, Podcast Contributor Lindsey McNamee discusses in-person commencement and club sport activities, as well as a new wave of emergency COVID-19 relief funding. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/monday_i…

• Comments

This week, Podcast Host Sydney Went discusses the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Morgantown, an update on the petition for opening the WVU Rec Center, Black History Month on-campus and a grant for researching antibiotic-resistant infections. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.c…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Host Lindsay Hapak discusses construction updates to the new WVU Medicine Children’s Tower, Blue Moose Cafe’s reopening and President Gee’s defense of an income tax law despite backlash. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith discusses SGA’s spring agenda, a push for new software updates to Zoom and what Kamala Harris’ VP inauguration means to the sisters of Alpha Kappa Alpha. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morgantown at …

• Comments

This week, Podcast Contributor Lindsey McNamee discusses a finals prep day replaced with an instructional day, a local church vandalism incident, how a second semester without the PRT is affecting students and new spring events from WVU Refresh. For more on these stories and more, visit thed…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith discusses the UPD Chief stepping down, WVU’s methods for COVID mitigation this spring, a new drinking water grant and the latest achievements for the WVU robotics team. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, host Lindsey McNamee takes a look at the evolving situation at Diamond Village, the University’s decision to move classes online for the 2 days before break, voluntary COVID testing for students and another look at the Spring semester. For more on these stories and more, visit the…

• Comments

This week, podcast host Sydney Wentz discusses the new Black Lives Matter crosswalk, another closure of an on-campus eatery, WVU’s football win and the current state of the pandemic in Morgantown. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morganto…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith discusses the election, football, a new program offering on-campus and WVU’s announcement about Spring 2021 move-in. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to Monday in Morgantown at thedaonline.com/monday_in_morgantown …

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, host Lindsey McNamee takes a look at an unexpected visitor in the football stadium, a vehicle incident with local coffee shop The Grind, WVU’s Halloween weekend football win and Monongalia County early vote totals. Also, Photo Editor Duncan Slade interviews Monongalia County Clerk…

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith takes a look at Charleston Gazette-Mail’s lawsuit against the WVU Board of Governors, dining services increasing vegetarian and plant based options, WVU’s game against Texas Tech and the recent announcement about classes on-campus for Spring 2021. For mor…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, host Lindsey McNamee takes a look at TedxWVU going virtual, limited in-person class exemptions, WVU’s weekend football win, and how graduate assistants are navigating pandemic challenges. Also, Photo Editor Duncan Slade informs us on WVU’s freshman retention rate. For more on thes…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, host Sydney Wentz takes a look at the cancelation of study abroad for Spring 2021, how WELL WVU is keeping students safe in a different way and how international students and freshmen are feeling the impact of online classes.

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, podcast host Lindsey McNamee discusses RA frustrations over their new pandemic roles, an update to our voting story, WVU’s win against Baylor and how students feel about the return to on-campus classes. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.com. You can listen to M…

• Updated
  • Comments

In this week's episode, podcast host Sydney Wentz takes a look at WVU’s return to on-campus classes, the completed hillside stabilization, a cancelled polling place and updates to a story from last week. Podcast Editor Abby Smith also calls a student to discuss life in quarantine and isolati…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith takes a look at the petition to wave diploma reprint costs for Trans+ alumni, a new scholarship in honor of Katherine Johnson, the recent closure of another WVU on-campus eatery and the new way positive cases are being counted on campus. For more on these…

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith takes a look at the Student Government Association’s push to rename the Health Sciences Center, the current COVID situation in Monongalia County, WVU’s first football game back on the field and how COVID has impacted The Pride of West Virginia. For more o…

• Updated
  • Comments

This week, Podcast Editor Abby Smith walks you through recent actions taken by student conduct, a new Netflix show created by and starring a WVU alumna and how the depression and bipolar support alliance is offering support to students. For more on these stories and more, visit thedaonline.c…

• Updated
  • Comments

In this episode, Podcast Editor Abby Smith introduces the DA’s newest podcast. Monday in Morgantown is a weekly news podcast aimed at keeping busy students caught up on the news. You can listen at thedaonline.com/monday_in_morgantown or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts. For more on …

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper