This week, Geoff talks with Marion Holmes, director of AdventureWV, about adventures big and small. They look at two passages from "Educated" about the author’s experiences growing up in the mountains of Idaho and use them to think through the powerful and surprising ways we can be educated …
WVU Reads: A Campus Read Podcast
Geoffrey Hilsabeck is a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of English at West Virginia University and the Community Outreach Fellow at the WVU Humanities Center. He is the author of Riddles, Etc. (The Song CCave, 2017). His poems and essays have appeared in the New York Times Magazine, The Believer, Paris Review Daily, and elsewhere.
Take a trip with Geoff Hilsabeck through "Educated: A Memoir," by Tara Westover, West Virginia University's 2019-2020 Campus Read book. Join Geoff as he talks about the themes of "Educated," and discusses key points with colleagues and experts.
- DA staff debates the fate of iconic Morgantown theater
- As other transfer QBs light up defenses, Kendall struggles at WVU
- Mountaineers looking for answers to solve run game blues
- Rabid cat attacks two residents in Suncrest
- Patchwork offensive line leads WVU offense to best performance of the season
- LGBTQ+ community celebrates new rainbow crosswalk
- No more instant ramen, go to Yama
- President Gee discusses pedestrian safety, privatization, University finances and more
- The weekend WVU sports didn't matter
- WVU turns the page in 44-27 rout of NC State