UPlace

University Place is located on University Avenue on the Downtown Campus and is one of the newer apartment complexes at West Virginia University. UPlace offers a number of apartments, studios and townhomes.

Apartments are fully furnished and all utilities are included in rent.

Community amenities include a fitness center, study lounges, a WVU/Mountain Line bus stop, outdoor courtyards and a number of food options, such as a Sheetz, Insomnia Cookies, Burgerz n Dogz and Papa Allen’s Pizza.

Individual apartment amenities include granite kitchen countertops, hardwood-style floors, private bedrooms, private and semi-private bathrooms and a washer and dryer in certain units.

Apartments are furnished to include a flat-screen TV, new couches, entertainment centers and bedroom furniture.

UPlace has a policy of individual lease responsibility or "by the bed leases," meaning that a roommate’s failure to pay rent will have no negative consequences on your credit.

Parking leases are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

"UPlace is pretty nice, but it’s quite expensive," said Karl Mueller, a WVU sophomore and Uplace resident. "They’re going to raise rent next year, so I frequently advise people against living here."

Isaac Estep, also a sophomore at WVU and resident at UPlace, said he hasn’t enjoyed the recent construction in the area.

"They are still working on the building, so frequent loud construction noises disturb your day," he said. "I have to yell to talk to someone a foot away."

Rent at UPlace is currently $750 per month. Because rent is rising, leases signed or renewed by Nov. 30 is $760. If leases are signed after Nov. 30, rent is hiked to $775.

For more information on UPlace, visit http://uplace.wvu.edu.