Inconsistency. That’s been the story for this year’s West Virginia men’s soccer team after slipping to a 5-4 record Tuesday night.

Before a pounding 4-1 defeat from a lousy 1-5 Radford team, which WVU head coach Marlon LeBlanc called the worst performance in his 13-year tenure, the Mountaineers had won three matches in a row.

West Virginia will now welcome a 2-6 Delaware Blue Hens team to Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium on Saturday night. Delaware has defeated Seton Hall, 3-1, as well as the College of Charleston (a team WVU beat 2-0 last month), 2-1, in overtime.

Currently, the Blue Hens sit at second place in the Colonial Athletic Association behind 5-2-1 James Madison. Delaware boasts a 1-1 record in the conference, with its win over the College of Charleston and a loss to JMU.

The Blue Hens have dropped all of its games on the road: a 2-1 loss to Cal, suffering a shutout, 3-0, at Stanford and a 4-0 loss at James Madison.

Delaware is led by junior midfielder Robert Campbell and freshman defenseman Timo Hummrich’s two goals each on the season. Campbell and

Hummrich also lead the team in points and shots on goal with five and four respectively for both categories.

Following the match Saturday, the Mountaineers will finish their homestand against Binghamton on Oct. 2, then travel on the road to Western Michigan on Oct. 6.

West Virginia hopes to get back on track after their embarrassing loss to Radford with Joey Piatczyc and Tsubaba Takada both possibly returning to the starting lineup.

West Virginia will also attempt to shake Tuesday night’s defensive blunder off and play the defense they have all season.

“I’ll fix it before Saturday, I promise you that,” LeBlanc said following the loss Tuesday night to Radford. “This was not a West Virginia performance and it will be fixed”

According to the Princeton Review’s top list of party schools, Delaware comes in at the top spot with West Virginia trailing just behind at number two. This means that more than just a soccer game will be at stake on Saturday night but also bragging rights for the top party school in America.

The Mountaineers and Blue Hens will kick off at 7 p.m. on Saturday. Admission will be free for WVU students with valid ID.