The West Virginia University volleyball team fell in a 3-0 shutout to the Baylor Bears over the weekend, with set scores of 25-19, 25-20 and 25-20.

"I thought we were good at some points and then not so good at some points," said WVU head coach Reed Sunahara in an interview with WVUsports.com. "We gave up too many runs, and then we also made some very good runs. We have to work on being consistent, and we have to keep getting better every day."

This loss marks the 11th straight loss for WVU, putting the Mountaineers at 5-18 for the season, 0-10 in conference play.

Junior red shirt Dzeni Hadzisehovic led the Mountaineers, getting nine kills. Sophomore middle blocker Mia Swanegan was able to contribute eight herself and sophomore outside hitter Morgan Montgomery followed behind her, scoring seven. The defense was led by sophomore libero Gianna Gotterba and sophomore defensive specialist Melvina Brown, both grabbing eight digs apiece.

The win for Baylor puts the Bears at 16-9 for the season and adds onto their conference record of 4-7.

The Bears offense was led by senior outside hitter Andie Malloy, who scored 11 kills and was able to hit a .450 attacking percentage. Freshman middle hitter Shelly Fanning contributed her fair share of scoring, posting seven kills and senior middle hitter Adrien Richburg followed getting five.

Sophomore libero Jana Brusek led the Baylor defense, grabbing the game-high 14 digs. Malloy was also able to contribute 13 digs, earning the only double-double of the match.

The first set began with the Bears taking a fast lead, 9-1. Montgomery was able to score a kill to end a 7-0 run from Baylor, but the Bears responded with another short 4-0 run which put them ahead 13-2. WVU was able to get a few kills, but still was unable to fully recover. The teams swapped kills and errors, until the Bears were able to put three more points down, winning the set 25-19.

The second set also started with an early lead by Baylor, 11-4. With the Bears making a few errors, it gave WVU an opportunity to gain some points, which the Mountaineers took advantage of. Baylor was ready to stop them and make a quick recovery, taking the set, 25-20.

The third set began differently than the past two, with both teams trading points, but ended with WVU getting a run of attacking errors, which gave Baylor the lead, 6-3. The Mountaineers managed to bring their momentum back, and tied the set 7-7. The teams were neck and neck throughout the set, but WVU could not keep up with the Bears’ offense. Baylor won the set 25-20 again.

The Mountaineers take on Iowa State at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Coliseum.