WVU's Tyler Doanes gets a hit during a game against Canisius on Feb. 18, 2020, at Monongalia County Ballpark.

Fresh off of a 15-8 win over Canisius on Tuesday, the West Virginia baseball team is hitting the road to participate in the Brittain Resorts Invitational over the weekend.

Taking place in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the Mountaineers will take on four different opponents starting on Friday and ending on Monday: Kennesaw State, Saint Joseph’s, Illinois and Coastal Carolina.

Offensively, West Virginia (3-1) is led by outfielder Austin Davis — the team’s leader in batting average with a total of .545. Against Canisius, the sophomore went 3-for-3 with a double and a triple.

Left-handed pitcher Jackson Wolf will look to continue his success on the mound for WVU as, in his first start of the season on Feb. 14, the junior gave up only one hit in seven innings of work.

WVU will take on Kennesaw State (3-0) on Friday, with first pitch coming at 1 p.m.

The Owls are led offensively by two players — senior infielder Justin Russell and senior outfielder Alex Carballo — who are both hitting .500 through the team’s first three games.

Left-handed pitcher Ryan Kennedy has been the team’s strongest starting pitcher, allowing only three hits and zero runs over five innings against St. John’s on Feb. 14. Along with four relievers, Kennedy is one of five pitchers on the team to possess a 0.00 ERA.

On Saturday, the Mountaineers will take on Saint Joseph’s (1-3). The game is slated to begin at 2 p.m.

For the Hawks, senior catcher James McConnon paces the team with a batting average of .667, placing him in a tie for first in the Atlantic 10 Conference. He is also tied for the team lead in total bases, with six.

On the mound, right-handed pitcher Jordan DiValerio leads the team with nine strikeouts after his performance against Ohio State on Feb. 14. The senior went five innings against the Buckeyes, allowing only one hit, one walk and one run in addition to his nine strikeouts.

In Sunday’s game, West Virginia will take on Illinois (1-2), with the first pitch scheduled for 11:30 a.m.

With a batting average of .429, sophomore infielder Branden Comia has been the most consistent hitter during the young season for the Fighting Illini. Outfielders Nathan Aide and Taylor Jackson join Comia as the only members of the team to hit above .300 through Illinois’ first three games.

Sophomore right-handed pitcher Ty Rybarczyk leads the team in opposing batting average, holding opponents to hit only .118. In his lone start of the season on Feb. 15, Rybarczyk allowed only two hits while striking out five batters in five innings pitched against Seton Hall.

In their last action of the event, the Mountaineers will take on Coastal Carolina (1-1) on Monday at 11 a.m.

At the plate, the Chanticleers are led by freshman infielder Zack Beach, who ranks first on the team in batting average (.429), runs batted in (four) and slugging percentage (.857). Against UNC Greensboro in the team’s season opener, Beach went 3-for-3 at the plate with three doubles and four RBIs.

On the mound, junior right-hander Zach McCambley has had arguably the most success for the Chanticleers during the young season. In his first start of the season against UNC Greensboro on Feb. 14, he struck out eight batters in seven innings en route to a 12-4 victory.

West Virginia’s first three games will be played at TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark in Myrtle Beach. Monday’s matchup against Coastal Carolina will be played at Springs Brooks Stadium in Conway, South Carolina.